Wilco a Chicago band?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong about that.

Glenn was born in Roselle, IL (a Chicago suburb) and went to high school in Roselle, IL. He studied percussion and attended college in KY before returning to Chicago, where he taught percussion and joined the Chicago music scene, including in particular Jim O'Rourke (a Chicago musician) who introduced him to Jeff.

That's pretty "Chi' to me.

Thanks for correcting me, I know Loose Fur

Once again...2/3 of Chicago call Chicago home at present. Since the lead singer/songwriter lives here I would think that makes them a Chicago band.

At this point....whatever...

LouieB

Once again...2/3 of Chicago call Chicago home at present. Since the lead singer/songwriter lives here I would think that makes them a Chicago band.

LouieB

Haha Lou, not to dither but I suspect the proportion may be slightly higher than that....(bolding in your quote mine)

:stunned

Nevermind, I'm sure you intended to say, 2/3rds of Wilco? :P

LouieB

Wait, Chicago is a Chicago band? Now you've lost me.

:dontgetit

I apologize for needing this explained to me. But I really don't get it.

Mr Chi City: Keeping your refrigerator stocked will get you many women

This story probably doesn't fit here, but whatever...

I was flying from Atlanta to Chicago (Midway) earlier this month, and ended up sitting next to a twentysomething girl. We started asking each other questions, and she said she was married and her husband is from the midwest. So I asked her where from, and she says "Belleville, Illinois".

I'm like, "Oh, yeah, the home of Jeff Tweedy."

And she got all excited that I knew that. And then proceeded to tell me that her husband actually went to high school with Jeff and Jay, and that the first-ever performance of what became Uncle Tupelo occurred in her husband's parents' back yard. Which I thought was pretty cool.

Then she said, "I'm impressed that you know Wilco isn't a Chicago band."

So...there? I guess...