Wilco a Chicago band?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think playing the Bob Newhart theme song at the opening shows they consider themselves a Chicago band.

I don't think singing TMOTTBG at Wrigley makes you from Chicago any more than circumsizing a Vienna Beef hot dog makes it kosher.

christ people, the dude is from spain.

Sunken is a dudette! :wub

I don't think singing TMOTTBG at Wrigley makes you from Chicago any more than circumsizing a Vienna Beef hot dog makes it kosher.

You don't think using the Bob Newhart theme has anything to do with being from Chicago? It was just a random choice?

2/3 of them live in Chicago...it is up to you to figure which 2/3.

To give a slightly longer answer, I am of the opinion that they represent the most famous branch of the great Chicago rock/post-rock school that started in the late 80s to early 90s. Other members would include Shrimp Boat, The Coctails, Seam, Tortoise, Califone, Red Red Meat, Eleventh Dream Day, the Handsome Family, the Sea and Cake, the Jesus Lizard and any number of early Bloodshot and Touch and Go and Thrill Jockey bands. I would NOT include the Smashing Pumpkins as part of this however, but that's just me.

LouieB