Ashes DVD- Full Concert Download 4/18

I went down to the sacred store last night and they were kind enough to let me buy the DVD.

For the bonus materials you have to open up the DVD file folders on your computer and in the "Extras" folder there is a HTML link that takes you to the WilcoWorld.net site. You land on a page where there is a link to the "bonus material".

Either there will be a special full concert available just today, Saturday the 18th, or I think on other days there will be a download of the DVD audio files like Jeff did with his Sunken Treasures DVD. But, this is just my theory because when you click on the link it is taking you to the DVD pre-order page. The record store manager had no idea at all.

Does anyone know for sure what the deal is and when the link on the WilcoWorld.net site will "go live"? In the meantime I'm just going to go down to Good Records (Dallas) and enjoy all the bands they have for RSD and their 9th anniversary. Support your local indy record store... because someday these sacred stores will be gone and life will be a little less.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boo hoo - quit your wining. you sound like a fool. it will be up soon enough. after everything thing this band gives us you really feel you should be bitching about when you get your free tracks. you do not deserve to use the name clint eastwood - maybe you should change it to the french term for 'showering'.... douche !

All I said is that it's frustrating, only because I'm excited.. so fuck off. I can feel how I want.

Hi All -

I emailed musictoday earlier this week when the downloads were unavailable. I just received a response about 1/2 hour ago saying that the downloads were up.

So far, no dice. I think Musictoday is as confused as we all are.

I was just poking around on the wilcoworld.net, and I wound up on http://wilcoworld.net/records/bonus/

Just to see what would happen, I clicked on the button to DL one of the EPs. The next page prompted me to sign up for an account on the wilco site.

The signup sheet asked if I wanted to sign up to DL the Ashes Bonus stuff. I said yes. It brought me to this page: http://downloads.wilcoworld.net/wilco_ashes_audio.zip

But there is nothing there yet.

Hope this helps!

One more thing - in the roadcase membership home page, there are all sorts of "subscription" offers. One of them is Wilco Live in Washington DC. I am downloading it now. I believe it's the free show from Ashes.

This Washington DC download was available to me even though I don't have my Ashes DVD in the computer right now.

It's 259 MB.

It will bring you to a weird looking subscription page once you're all signed up.

You don't need the DVD in the computer or anything.

Oh, they make you pick one or the other!! Either the 'Ashes' bonus material or the Roadcase bonus content.... Oh no, which to choose!!! :dontgetit

Which date for the Washinton DC show?

Oh, they make you pick one or the other!! Either the 'Ashes' bonus material or the Roadcase bonus content.... Oh no, which to choose!!! :dontgetit

Which date for the Washinton DC show?

As you'll see, everything becomes available to you in the members' area. I chose the "ashes" content, but the DC show is almost done downloading as we speak.

Not sure of the date yet. If it's the one on the DVD, it's the first night they played last Feb. I was actually at both shows, and I have bootlegs, but I am hoping this DL will be of much better quality.

As you'll see, everything becomes available to you in the members' area. I chose the "ashes" content, but the DC show is almost done downloading as we speak.

Not sure of the date yet. If it's the one on the DVD, it's the first night they played last Feb. I was actually at both shows, and I have bootlegs, but I am hoping this DL will be of much better quality.

Oh, I see now! I apparently was a member already... I guess I just forgot my username/ password.

Okay... I still do not see the Washington download anywhere. This is what I see on my screen:

Your Subscriptions

WILCOWORLD - ROADCASE

Sky Blue Sky - Bonus EP

More Like the Moon EP

A Ghost is Born - Bonus EP

Jeff Tweedy - Sunken Treasure

When I click Roadcase it just takes me to the pages roadcase section.... no Washington download.

Okay... I still do not see the Washington download anywhere. This is what I see on my screen:

Your Subscriptions

WILCOWORLD - ROADCASE

Sky Blue Sky - Bonus EP

More Like the Moon EP

A Ghost is Born - Bonus EP

Jeff Tweedy - Sunken Treasure

When I click Roadcase it just takes me to the pages roadcase section.... no Washington download.

When I am on this page: http://smartley3.wilcoworld.net/roadcase/members/member.php

there is a dropdown menu. The DC show is available there. At least it was for me. That's really all I know.

its not working for me either..I cant access the Ashes Content or the DC content.

I don't know what I could have done differently than you that allowed only me to DL. The only thing I can think of is that it was mistakenly made available for a short time, then rescinded. Not sure.

Anyhow - I am stuck inside writing on this beautiful day, so I have distracted myself by playing around on Wilco's website. The error message I am now getting when I try to DL the Ashes material has changed, which indicates that someone is doing something to get it ready for downloading. I guess.

Hello Everyone,

Well, I only saw the option for the Ashes Bonus content when I went to signup on the roadcase page. It said it was the 20 songs from the DVD. No mention of DC show. I didn't sign up though because I'm already a member(plus I only have 1 working email address) for the Roadcase section and I expect to see the DC show on the drop down menu along with AGIB extras, Sunken Treasure DVD extras, etc. I'll just wait until the link works through the DVD. Do we know which show it is yet?

Kristofor

Hello Everyone,

Well, I only saw the option for the Ashes Bonus content when I went to signup on the roadcase page. It said it was the 20 songs from the DVD. No mention of DC show. I didn't sign up though because I'm already a member(plus I only have 1 working email address) for the Roadcase section and I expect to see the DC show on the drop down menu along with AGIB extras, Sunken Treasure DVD extras, etc. I'll just wait until the link works through the DVD. Do we know which show it is yet?

Kristofor

The DC show is 2/27/08. It's the second night at the 9:30 Club, and NOT the one featured on Ashes.

This might be a dumb question, but when you get onto WilcoWorld, how do you access the roadcase membership home page? Where is it on the page?

There should be a link on the bottom of the roadcase page. It actually has changed for me several times today, though.