Ashes DVD- Full Concert Download 4/18

I have downloaded the audio from the DVD without issues but DC wouldn't work.. I followed the advice from fellow posters on here. I re-registered with the same and than different email address but it say s'this compressed file is invalid or corrupt"!?!?!?!? What do I do!!!!! Any adivce would be great.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, not to split hairs here, and i think someone already pointed this out, but :( the DC show is indeed the 2nd 9:30 club show, not the first one (that is on the DVD). it is the one that was streamed on NPR. it's a great show, but my greedy grubby hands wanted a great recording of the first show because it had so much energy and was very different from the second night. of course somewhere in my recent past, i got a flac for the first show, but the quality just isn't there. ah well. maybe i should start coming the inter-net to find a better flac for the first night.

and of course, don't get me wrong, i am quite thankful for all the freebie downloads, :).

ok, not to split hairs here, and i think someone already pointed this out, but :( the DC show is indeed the 2nd 9:30 club show, not the first one (that is on the DVD). it is the one that was streamed on NPR. it's a great show, but my greedy grubby hands wanted a great recording of the first show because it had so much energy and was very different from the second night. of course somewhere in my recent past, i got a flac for the first show, but the quality just isn't there. ah well. maybe i should start coming the inter-net to find a better flac for the first night.

and of course, don't get me wrong, i am quite thankful for all the freebie downloads, :).

I was also a little bummed out to see that as well. I attended the second 9:30 show (but not the first), and I've already heard it a bunch of times via the really good audience recording that circulated on etree. It is kind of cool to have a soundboard recording that's different from the audience recording, but I would have liked to have had a clean version of, say, the Tipitina's show.

I'm a little surprised they used the second 9:30 show for the full-show download, because (1) it's not actually in the film; and (2) the crowd kind of sucked, which comes out in the banter ("Are you guys having a good time?...Then quit yer yappin!" and "We should have a red light up here that says 'Concert in Progress'...Then everyone would know.") I think the energy was probably better at Cain's or even in the 1st night at 9:30.

There are multiple sources for these shows up at The Owl and Bear and bt.etree.org:

February 26, 2008 (Paradiso source)

February 26, 2008 (Sleepypedro source)

February 27, 2008 (Davis source)

February 27, 2008 (Lynn source)

February 27, 2008 (Nelson source)

I still havnt had a chance to buy OR see the DVD as the stores in Canada did not recieve thier Record Store Day shipments from the distributor. Guess I miss out :(

I went to Soundscapes in Toronto and they had about 15-20 copies, so some Canadian stores had them.

Was able to grab it at Manifest Disc in Charlotte, and it only cost me $10. I wanted to stick around and browse for more deals, but I had a 6 year old and my 3 year-old was asleep in my arms. Also, there was live music and it was very loud for them.

Oh well, best $10 I've spent in quite awhile.

i have not been able to download anything. I purchased the DVD Saturday. After watching it 8 times, I popped it into my computer last night to get the audio

I followed the directions....follow the link off the DVD to the Ashes html page...then register...

However, I think when I was registering, I clicked on "Roadcase" membership and not "Ashes" membership....

So, now that I am registered, I see the drop down menu for adding subscriptions but there is nothing from Ashes there.

I tried to re-register to make sure I had registered for an Ashes membership and not Roadcase, but it wouldnt let me

Any suggestions?

Was able to grab it at Manifest Disc in Charlotte, and it only cost me $10. I wanted to stick around and browse for more deals, but I had a 6 year old and my 3 year-old was asleep in my arms. Also, there was live music and it was very loud for them.

Oh well, best $10 I've spent in quite awhile.

Wow $10? I payed $16.99. Makes you think how much some stores are jacking up the price. Oh well, its for a good cause. :)

The mix on this 9:30 show is pretty flat to me. I mean, I'm more than grateful for something free-- and I appreciate it. But for me, I'd take Kicking Television all day. I don't get the "hate" for that...I thought it was a phenomenal live album. VERY well mixed and mastered.

On the other hand, the audio tracks from the DVD sound wonderful. Thanks Wilco.

man, didn't realize there was so much hate for K/T.

I think its a fantastic live album. wish there was a bit more banter, but the sound is spot on and the performances are great. i think jeff's nervousness or whatever you feel it is, maybe that was just his demeanor at the time.

I have no hate for K/T... I agree, it is fantastic... but I really like the more comprehensive variety of songs here. I love AGIB and YHF, but K/T was lacking in the Summerteeth area,

I believe they chose the second show in order to avoid overlap with the tracks from the first... I mean I think it's nice to have different versions

dear god - I shouldn't have waited!!! someone keep us updated on if it comes back up.

Same here. I put it off to do other things, knowing I'd be able to get to it this morning. Now I'm flippin' out! I hope this gets fixed soon....