Milwaukee Webcast Thread

I am sure they will eventually post the show on the website in the roadcase section.

It's better to try to capture the stream after it's been put the roadcase anyway, because it tends to skip less and in some cases not at all after it's been archived.

--Mike

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun show. I liked the closing songs...especially Wheel. And ALTWYS never sounds bad.

Good to hear a couple surprises.

But sadly no new songs....something most could have predicted, with it being webcast world-wide.

While were in anticipation of hearing the boat-load of new material, why not something a little fun or different to stoke the die-hard fans? Playing something off Wilco Book (have they EVER done that?.....does that disc exist in Wilco's minds?) would be KICK ASS. Or a Loose Fur song. Or, maybe a cover of the Milwaukee-based Laverne & Shirley show's theme song.

Thanks for the webcast Wilco! Sounded great.

I did manage to record the show in it's entirety... including all the skipping and whatnot. Other than that bit though, it sounds great. I'm not much of an audio techie, but if ya'll want me to upload what I have, I can...

Here's another vote for an upload. I'd love to hear it again in great quality. The sound in Section 3 was a bit distant. What is this skipping all about? Is it through the whole thing or just a portion? Thanks!

I wonder which of those "woo" girls is morphogenesis. :lol

How bad was it? Was it a girly squeal or a hearty "WOOOOOO!?'

My friend and I were quite a few rows behind the mic, buried under a sea of people, so I hope it wasn't too overpowering.

I just couldn't get enough of that show! :stunned

There's clicking in the recording because there was clicking in the webcast. It's just from latency issues and whatnot... there's a lot of information trying to stream from really far away and whatnot. Regardless, it hasn't been uploaded anywhere else to my knowledge, so the only way to experience it would be from memory... so it's better than nothing, right? I'm lazy and didn't split up the tracks or anything. I left in all the banter and whatnot - it's completely unedited. You can chop it up yourselves in Audacity if you want.

It's mp3, because I wasn't really sure what else to use...

It's uploading right now. I'll come back and edit this post with a link in about 40 minutes. :)

EDIT: Here you go... Wilco Webcast from Pabst 4/15/09

There's clicking in the recording because there was clicking in the webcast. It's just from latency issues and whatnot... there's a lot of information trying to stream from really far away and whatnot. Regardless, it hasn't been uploaded anywhere else to my knowledge, so the only way to experience it would be from memory... so it's better than nothing, right? I'm lazy and didn't split up the tracks or anything. I left in all the banter and whatnot - it's completely unedited. You can chop it up yourselves in Audacity if you want.

It's uploading right now. I'll come back and edit this post with a link in about 40 minutes. :)

BIG thanks from here!!

Thank you for uploading, but I have tried to download it twice and have gotten error messages at the end of the download saying it could not be saved because the source file cannot be read. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?