The Ashes audio tracks have SICK sound quality

I think these are awesome... the quality is almost too good for my little car speakers....

Good call- I was thinking the same thing when I was listening to them at work today. These files are highly listenable, as opposed to most MP3 files I have ever heard.

SPA

nice! can't wait to get my hands on these. think i'll go order the DVD now instead of waiting until the 28th.

Definitely worth it.. the free show is fantastic as well, but these tracks are basically movie quality so they are now my official wilco live versions of the given tracks, if you will.

Gotta say that Wishful Thinking is awesome. Def. the best version of this song that I've heard.

Everything on the soundtrack has a great echoey stereo quality that really adds to the recordings and mimics the feeling of being at the concerts. A++

The approach of the mix is definitely a lot different than the Kicking TV set. I would easily call KTV one of the best sounding live records ever. But what we get hear is someone whose hog wild about their skill as an ensemble. Glenn's crotales smack you in the face, John's bass is huge and rich- all the little arrangement spice is accentuated. This puts the vocals a little less up front, but they are definitely audible. As an engineer and a music fan I find the Ashes stuff speaks to my sensibilities a little more, but that's no knock on KTV.

The approach of the mix is definitely a lot different than the Kicking TV set. I would easily call KTV one of the best sounding live records ever. But what we get hear is someone whose hog wild about their skill as an ensemble. Glenn's crotales smack you in the face, John's bass is huge and rich- all the little arrangement spice is accentuated. This puts the vocals a little less up front, but they are definitely audible. As an engineer and a music fan I find the Ashes stuff speaks to my sensibilities a little more, but that's no knock on KTV.

I think KTV is definitely a flatter mix, but they may be just the engineering for a variety of audio applications. I would venture these are mixed for sound quality period.

As for the 9:30 concert I think the version of On and On and On is better and better and better than the SBS track. The vocal harmonies add a whole 'nother layer that isn't there in the studio version.

BTW, no offense to the original poster personally, but the current popular use of "sick" is making me ill. I would rank it up there with phrases NOT to be used like "loves me some."

quick question:

how do you get this recording and extra performance?

I just ordered this DVD off Wilco's website. Will I get this recording with the DVD?

Thanks.

You have to insert the DVD and register through wilcoworld.net. The audio files from the film are available whenever, the concert has a deadline of April 28?

BTW, no offense to the original poster personally, but the current popular use of "sick" is making me ill. I would rank it up there with phrases NOT to be used like "loves me some."

classic message board bullshit. why do i keep coming back?!

no offense, but when you say 'no offense' you're probably being offensive.

classic message board bullshit. why do i keep coming back?!

no offense, but when you say 'no offense' you're probably being offensive.

I mean no offense to the poster because he didn't invent the phrase. But I find the use of the phrase offensive, whether it's used on a message board or in informal conversation. It doesn't provide a unique definition nor expound on a existing word. It's just a noise.

I mean no offense to the poster because he didn't invent the phrase. But I find the use of the phrase offensive, whether it's used on a message board or in informal conversation. It doesn't provide a unique definition nor expound on a existing word. It's just a noise.

I wasn't offended... but back to the topic at hand... I know that Jeff's voice was suffering in Tulsa, and this can be heard on Handshake Drugs. However, I feel like there is some kind of awesome rawness to this.... idk I just kinda like it.

I wasn't offended... but back to the topic at hand... I know that Jeff's voice was suffering in Tulsa, and this can be heard on Handshake Drugs. However, I feel like there is some kind of awesome rawness to this.... idk I just kinda like it.

Definitely, It's a jewel for my car rides, hearing the nuances in each song. Definitely worth the price and patience to wait for the DVD!

haven't listened to the DVD or the audio tracks at length yet (just got them yesterday) but from what I have seen and heard the quality is really amazing. I'm always let down by music movies and concerts but not this time it seems.

haven't watched the DVD yet but yeah listened to these songs and they are really fantastic!

Looks like those of us in europe aren't gonna be able to get that show. The DVD seems to have been delayed until next Monday. By the time my pre-order ships and arrives the deadline will be well gone. Surely they could keep it up for a month at the least?

Guest Jules

He looks like he has a mouthfull of cotton and marbles.

Ok, pardon me here if I'm being dense, but when I insert the dvd and click the extras link, it asks me to register for the bonus content. I filled out the registration, but still find no place to do the download. Then, when I log in, still nothing.

What am I doing wrong here or are the downloadables not up yet?

Guest Jules
Ok, pardon me here if I'm being dense, but when I insert the dvd and click the extras link, it asks me to register for the bonus content. I filled out the registration, but still find no place to do the download. Then, when I log in, still nothing.

What am I doing wrong here or are the downloadables not up yet?

You're not being dense, but the other thread, "Wilco DVD" gives detailed instructions/troubleshooting for accessing the bonus materials.