• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from various people that The Elder is under rated and quite good. I'll give creatures a shot.

I like that album - but most people don't care for it, even the band always puts it down. It was suppose to be a movie, but it never got made.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Been listening to the following KISS songs a lot of late: "Goin Blind," "Sure Know Something," "Flaming Youth," and from Paul's solo: "Wouldn't You like to Know Me" and "It's Alright."

It is unlike any other song in the catalog, very distinctive, and a direction I would've loved to see more of, and that "I'm 93, you're 16" lyric is one of the most ridiculous lines ever, but works quite well. Excellent song.

It is unlike any other song in the catalog, very distinctive, and a direction I would've loved to see more of, and that "I'm 93, you're 16" lyric is one of the most ridiculous lines ever, but works quite well. Excellent song.

In that really good KISS book I mentioned around here before, Gene talks about that song.

There is (or was) a video on Youtube of Gene and Paul doing that song acoustically.

I still think those first three albums are great.

what's fascinating to me is that about 85% of those songs from those great three albums were all written within a few months of eachother and partitioned off over those records, which all came out in less than a year and a half. gene has the lion's share of those songs, but dropped off dramatically in output and quality from that point forward.

Repeat I think....watched them a few weeks ago. Was Duane Wade on the show?

Yep, looks like it's the same show.

Put me down for Goin Blind as well, great song. Would be so cool to see them pull something like that out on a talk show!

• 3 years later...

I read that yesterday.   If that whole article is factual, Vinnie Vincent's gotta be the most fucked up person ever in rock music.   Who is more of a mess?  Not GG Allen.  He just had a schtick.       

I read it, and don't think he's that messed up, actually. Definitely eccentric and a recluse but what is so weird about that? Dude's trying to capitalize the best he can on a short career in the limelight....