• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them once in concert on the Psycho Circus Tour which was 3-d. I had third row seats, I caught a pick from Paul Stanley and I had a good time! Kiss is a fun band and everyone should see them live once....that being said I do not own any of their albums or no much more than the hits... :dancing

Any male who grew up (early teens) in the mid-late 70s can not deny their appeal. I have great memories of enjoying them back then and still listen to some of their old stuff from time to time. They definitely had a grip on the male teen market back then.

I had all their albums and they were my first concert ever. I don't find myself listening to them but I know if I threw on Destroyer or Dressed to kill I would be Loving it.

Ace Frehley used to come in the record store I worked in back in the early 1980s

nice guy

they're great

He is going to put out a new album this year.

I sill prefer the pre-Love Gun albums over all the rest:

1974 Kiss

1974 Hotter Than Hell

1975 Dressed to Kill

1975 Alive!

1976 Destroyer (Although, I don't exactly love this one.)

1976 Rock and Roll Over

1977 Love Gun

1977 Alive II

1979 Dynasty

1980 Unmasked

1981 Music from "The Elder" (I have always liked this one.)

1982 Killers

1982 Creatures of the Night (This is a great album - maybe the last great one they made.)

1983 Lick It Up

1984 Animalize

1985 Asylum (The last one I bought when it came out.)

1987 Crazy Nights

1989 Hot in the Shade

1992 Revenge

1993 Alive III

1996 Kiss Unplugged

1996 You Wanted the Best, You Got the Best!

1997 Carnival of Souls: The Final Sessions

1998 Psycho Circus

2003 Kiss Symphony: Alive IV

2004 Kiss Instant Live!

2008 Kiss Alive 35

>While he is annoying you can't say he hasn't been a savvy businessman. The guy still makes a killing on his product even though their "relevance," (musically), is gone. Not bad

I'msure he's made a ton of cash. And the fans don't care, so why not. If Springsteen or Neil Young sold caskets, the fans would be pretty dismayed. But in the end, of course, the "artist" (can we use that terms for Gene?) can do what he wants.

New album info from Gene:

GENE CHECKS IN!

Date: March 27

...We've also been recording our first New Studio Album in 11 years!!!. Produced by Paul Stanley. And, having Paul simply decide things, works better. Democracy is highly overrated. Paul is kickin' ass. The material sounds great and Tommy and Eric are in great form.

We have 4 tunes recorded. If you're a fan of our stuff from about 1977, you'll feel right at home. All of us have taken up the songwriting call to arms in the same spirit we once did -- without a care in the world and without outside writers. Nothing to prove to anyone. Just doing what comes naturally. Ignoring fashions, trends and with a personal vow from all of us: no rapping. There are plenty of people out there doing this and they don't need four palefaced guys pretending they're from the hood. Besides, I'm not sure how to correctly pronounce "wassup."

Tommy is finishing his solo tune. Sounds great, I can tell you. And Eric is going to sing on the album.

Most importantly, we are having the time of our lives...

• 5 months later...

Destroyer is one of the iconic album covers of the 70's.

Just felt like bumping this thread.

Someone posted some of the Destroyer Studio Sessions up at Hunger City.

Does anyone know if they really wore their make up in the studio? Or was this for a photo op.

DestroyerStudioSession00.jpg

Someone posted some of the Destroyer Studio Sessions up at Hunger City.

Does anyone know if they really wore their make up in the studio? Or was this for a photo op.

DestroyerStudioSession00.jpg

I just assumed that's how they always look. They just getup in the morning, throw on the 7 inch leather heels and head off to the studio.

It was for a photo-op. If you get the book KISS Behind The Mask, you will see all sorts of photos of them in studios, soundchecks, etc. without make-up on. I think they only put it on before shows, and for photo sessions.

That is really good book to read - as I have said before. There is a lot detail about how the albums were put together.