Probably because it is too late.

Also, there is a case in my neighborhood, and they have closed a school.

Are you kidding? It's not too late. We have under 200 cases in the USA currently. Now would be the ideal time to take steps such as travel restrictions and closing the border if the threat was as bad as they claim. All they are doing now is setting up the perfect circumstances for it to be spread all over this country. And telling you to wash your hands against an airborne virus is useless.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer the question. Why don't they close the border since they know Mexico City is the epicenter of this virus? My guess is you will just try to dodge it because there is no logical answer.

You are, essentially, referring to two separate scenarios. As has been reported by the WHO (who, yes, is probably just some sort of front for US imperialism), given the porosity of our borders, vis a vis international travel and what not, there

Are you kidding? It's not too late. We have under 200 cases in the USA currently. Now would be the ideal time to take steps such as travel restrictions and closing the border if the threat was as bad as they claim. All they are doing now is setting up the perfect circumstances for it to be spread all over this country. And telling you to wash your hands against an airborne virus is useless.

I want the swine flu now. Just because of this post.

And just so you are aware of the WHO threat levels, once we are to level 6 martial law is automatically imposed, which the document I posted lays out clearly. We are now one level away with no improvement in the situation. Something to think about.

We're actually two away. Level 4+1=5.

Because its turning out to be a weak type of flu so economically its not worth the costs to do so?

Maybe. That's what would make sense, but then every mainstream media source is pumping the hysteria to maximum levels. I'm not worried about it either and think it is a lot of hype but it does raise troubling questions as to why? And ratings is not an answer because Homeland Security could kill this story in an instant but don't. And in fact are saying if this one doesn't get us the next strain will. That's not really calming the fear and hysteria being created in the general public by the media, only validating it.

No look up the history of virus outbreaks and the first step for countries is always to secure their borders and impose travel restrictions to infected areas. Look up Panasonic bringing all their worker's back to Japan last fall after there was a different and less serious flu outbreak, where they had one of their factories in Asia.

I would not disagree with the rest of your thoughts on this, but skipping such an obvious first step should have most people questioning the validity of all the claims they are now making. And it is really convenient for the Mexican Govt. to re-establish authority because they really have been losing the battle with the drug cartels down there. You seem unwilling to accept that govts. lie to their people all the time.

And just so you are aware of the WHO threat levels, once we are to level 6 martial law is automatically imposed, which the document I posted lays out clearly. We are now one level away with no improvement in the situation. Something to think about. Why would they not try and avoid that at all costs by first closing and securing the border?

Unless you have evidence to the contrary, by the time this outbreak was widely reported, international tourists had already been in and out of Mexico countless times

He's fighting with his little sister right now, so I'd say he's doing pretty well.

Aww.

The "good side" actually gathered in Boulder Colorado, not Kansas from what I remember. I will probably side with Mother A simply out of laziness and an unwillingess to relocate.

I would probably side with Mother A because, if I remember correctly, Randy Flaggs' folks got NUKED.

Rather live with boring people than glow in the dark.

We're actually two away. Level 4+1=5.

I was going by the news today.

Midday Market Recap: Stocks Near Three-Month High, U.S. Dollar Hammered

http://www.forextv.com/Forex/News/ShowStor...category=Energy

Concerns over the swine flu continue to make headlines. The media are reporting that a 23-month old child from Texas is the first person to die of the swine flu in the U.S. The World Health Organization said it may raise the threat level to 5, one notch below 'pandemic'. According to the Center for Disease Control, there are now 91 cases of the swine flu in the U.S.

I was going by the news today.

Midday Market Recap: Stocks Near Three-Month High, U.S. Dollar Hammered

http://www.forextv.com/Forex/News/ShowStor...category=Energy

Concerns over the swine flu continue to make headlines. The media are reporting that a 23-month old child from Texas is the first person to die of the swine flu in the U.S. The World Health Organization said it may raise the threat level to 5, one notch below 'pandemic'. According to the Center for Disease Control, there are now 91 cases of the swine flu in the U.S.

Well, MAY ain't IS, pal o' mine.

It's kind of comical that both the companies that I work for (the one I'm employed by, and the one I support) has sent out these important emails warning everyone to stay home if they have flu symptoms.. Everyone is freaking out.. But it sounds like a good reason for me to take Friday off.

It's kind of comical that both the companies that I work for (the one I'm employed by, and the one I support) has sent out these important emails warning everyone to stay home if they have flu symptoms.. Everyone is freaking out.. But it sounds like a good reason for me to take Friday off.

If you are plannign this then this might help...

What are the symptoms of swine flu in humans?

The symptoms of swine flu in people are expected to be similar to the symptoms of regular human seasonal influenza and include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing. Some people with swine flu also have reported runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

If you are plannign this then this might help...

What are the symptoms of swine flu in humans?

The symptoms of swine flu in people are expected to be similar to the symptoms of regular human seasonal influenza and include fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing. Some people with swine flu also have reported runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

Thanks.

Good because I already have some of those symptoms, caused by pollen allergies, so it should be an easy sale...... Or is it pollen allergies? I'm freakin out man!!

I really shouldn't be poking fun at this, it sounds like its pretty serious, and people have died..

Guest Speed Racer
Why would they not try and avoid that at all costs by first closing and securing the border?

Consulates have stopped issuing visas, which means only (white, U.S.) tourists and people who already have visas can travel. To restrict all travel would paralyze airlines, upgrade everything to panic level and cost much, MUCH more (money, piece of mind, time) than it would save. But again, they have taken the first step to securing the border, and I for one am pretty grateful they're starting at step one instead of skipping ahead to step 99 like the government panic-meter sometimes does.

Consulates have stopped issuing visas, which means only (white, U.S.) tourists and people who already have visas can travel. To restrict all travel would paralyze airlines, upgrade everything to panic level and cost much, MUCH more (money, piece of mind, time) than it would save. But again, they have taken the first step to securing the border, and I for one am pretty grateful they're starting at step one instead of skipping ahead to step 99 like the government panic-meter sometimes does.

That's the problem, as all the sick school kids in NYC should demonstrate.