looks like a frankenstein to me...thats a mustang bridge, gibson style humbucker, clearly a new pickguard (i dont think fender ever made a jazzmaster with this single PU config)...the wood looks too light to be walnut, mahogany is most unlikely... im thinking alder refinished, the original finish having been stripped...wish i could see the headstock

You can see what looks like a bit of the original finish peeking out near the bridge on the treble side. Perhaps sunburst? It looks like alder with a mahogany stain. Kind of Elvis Costello like. Dig the weird bridge too. I've never seen a mustang one like that.

You can see what looks like a bit of the original finish peeking out near the bridge on the treble side.

In that same spot (and up by the upper neck bout) you can see that the pickguard looks like it is poorly fit. The pickguard edges don't match up with the edges of the metal switch covers. Is this how all Jag pickguards fit?

Guest Speed Racer
In that same spot (and up by the upper neck bout) you can see that the pickguard looks like it is poorly fit. The pickguard edges don't match up with the edges of the metal switch covers. Is this how all Jag pickguards fit?

In the upper neck part, it looks like the pick guard was actually nicked away. The bottom part is just a poor fit, though.

You can see what looks like a bit of the original finish peeking out near the bridge on the treble side. Perhaps sunburst? It looks like alder with a mahogany stain. Kind of Elvis Costello like. Dig the weird bridge too. I've never seen a mustang one like that.

Bridge is a Mastery Bridge the latest greatest bridge all the kool kidz are using... Nels, Jeff, Sonic Youth etc etc.

Gotta be alder, grain lines to light for walnut not enough swamp going on for ash, and hog is out of the question. I'm sure it's routed for two buckers. I would of changed that awful bridge also.

Gotta be alder, grain lines to light for walnut not enough swamp going on for ash, and hog is out of the question. I'm sure it's routed for two buckers. I would of changed that awful bridge also.

yup on the wood...nope on the routing, most likely two single coil jag pickups...until the conversion...and i dont know from first hand exp, but my understanding is the stock jag/jazzmaster bridges are functionally lacking, prompting many to change to mustang style bridges...

yup on the wood...nope on the routing, most likely two single coil jag pickups...until the conversion...and i dont know from first hand exp, but my understanding is the stock jag/jazzmaster bridges are functionally lacking, prompting many to change to mustang style bridges...

Yup on the bridges.