Wilco iPhone App

Sweet! Now we just need a Via Chicago app :) That way, us iphone talking, VW driving Wilco lovers can be the most dangerous people on the road in our 5 star safety rated cars...!

I was thinkng this the other day!

Is it weird that NOW is the first time I've actually wanted an iphone?

Not at all, I feel the same way.

It should pass though, especially if it is really just like the website as some have posted. Couldn't iPhones already access the internet? Is this "app" just a button for the desktop that takes you directly to the site?

It is a well designed app. Very clean and no crashes(yet). Busting out the roadcase and watching some of AOAF has been sweet.

What an amazing device.it never ceases to amaze me. Easily the best phone I have ever owned and I have had dozens(bit of a tech whore).

Mine crashes every time I hit the back button to return to the previous menu.

But no, it's not just the website. It allows you to stream every song from the studio releases, and the Ashes audio files. Unless the website does that too, and I just never noticed.

Mine crashes every time I hit the back button to return to the previous menu.

But no, it's not just the website. It allows you to stream every song from the studio releases, and the Ashes audio files. Unless the website does that too, and I just never noticed.

There are some minor differences, but you can stream all but the Mermaid Ave. albums on wilcoworld.net. The website also has the loft gigapan and a huge links page. I'm sure there are a few other differences.

One cool thing about the app is the ability to directly listen to the podcasts so you don't have to hog up gigabytage.

If you're streaming a track and decide to play a different track, the app doesn't seem to respond to the request. Other than that seems to work really well. The video quality on AOAF is outstanding.

If you're streaming a track and decide to play a different track, the app doesn't seem to respond to the request.

The same thing happened here. A minor problem for those of us who have all these tracks on our iPhones already, but still a bug that Smartley-Dunn will want to fix.

The same thing happened here. A minor problem for those of us who have all these tracks on our iPhones already, but still a bug that Smartley-Dunn will want to fix.

Didn't have that problem here, but I don't think I'm going to use the app streams anyway... bit rate is atrocious.

I just got an itouch and this is the first app I put on it! It works very well and its great to have all of their studio albums togerther like that. Cool pics too but I agree it gets a tad troublesome when you want to switch songs

There's an interesting piece about the iphone application on this website

http://www.strangledcats.com/the-news/142-...one-application

I'm pretty sure the whole website has those sorts of fake articles, unless Joe Strummer really did return from the dead to steal an abused guitar, which I would not be surprised of though given that he is a most righteous man.

even if i wasn't a wilco fan, i'd say this is one of the best apps available...especially for free. stream all the albums, plus the ashes songs, plus the photos and being able to buy tickets directly through the app? really really really really well done.

The app is ok, I wish we could stream the new album on it.....

In a few weeks when it's released i'm sure that it will be available to listen

Now we need a WilcoBase app to get all the setlists... i know a few apps like this. i have the dmb setlist app

Yeah, I've thought about this as well... B)

I'd like to get into development for the iphone, but since I'm on Windows, and don't have an iphone, I'm kinda locked out... If there was enough interest, maybe we could work something out to incorporate this with the official Wilco app. No need to have a separate app just for setlists...

• 3 months later...

Well, its not an iphone app, but I put together a couple of pages for a "mobile" version of wilcobase.

m.wilcobase.com

Right now, it just shows you the 50 most recent shows along with a page for their setlists.

So far I've only been able to test w/ the Android emulator. Looks good on there, but if someone can try this out w/ an iphone and let me know if it looks ok, that would be great.

Here's a couple of screenshots to show what it should look like:

m.wilcobase.com.png

m.wilcobase.com_event.png

I'd also welcome any suggestions. I'd like to keep things basic, but some other things I plan on adding are:

* being able to view more than just the 50 most recent shows

* being able to search for shows based on date