Jesus, Etc. (Live Tanglewood Version)

Hey Folks,

Not sure if this has been listed on here. I've been away for 10 days.

So I was watching the television and saw an ad for Funny People. I remember reading a script review about how a scene takes place at a Wilco show.

I haven't heard anything since than. So I decided to take a look at a possible soundtrack listing.

There's a live version of Jesus, Etc. (allegedly from Tanglewood August 12, 2008). We'll find out on July 31st, if there's live footage of the band. Though I'd hate for it to be Sandler and Rogen in a crowd and you never see a band.

Kristofor

PS Do you think it will make the song bigger than it already is? I assume with the ads, the song could play a big part in a "memorable song from the movie" type of way a la Tiny Dancer in Almost Famous.

http://www.amazon.com/Funny-People-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B002DY9K5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1247030620&sr=8-1

The soundtrack lists Jesus, Etc. as Wilco with Andrew Bird. Although AB was the opening act @ Tanglewood, he did not perform with Wilco at any point. I wonder if they filmed a version for the movie prior to the show. Or possibly at some other show where they did perform together.

hmm

The soundtrack lists Jesus, Etc. as Wilco with Andrew Bird. Although AB was the opening act @ Tanglewood, he did not perform with Wilco at any point. I wonder if they filmed a version for the movie prior to the show. Or possibly at some other show where they did perform together.

hmm

Might also explain why the Nudie suits made their first appearance there...

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a "making of" Funny People special on HBO the other day.

In it, they show a clip in which Seth Rogen asks a woman out of a date to a Wilco performance (I thought he said "they're playing at the Greek")

She accepts.

Seth then proceeds to make a questionable joke - "We'll go to Wilco" at which she promptly let's him know that they're now not going on the date.

He asks her if she really means that and she agrees to go with him as long as he doesn't say "We'll go to Wilco" anymore.

I'm not sure if I have that 100% correct, but it's how a remember the clip.

• 2 weeks later...

saw Funny People today, nobody attends a Wilco concert.

WhatWilco songs featured during the film? As,we know, the soundtrack album has a live version of “Jesus, etc” – did that getsome good airtime, and did they throw any other Wilco songs? One of the Trailers featured nothing’severgonnastandinmyway– was that in there anywhere?