7/11 Lowell

Guest zacincceo

Guest zacincceo

Aside from the rain ending I thought it was an amazing set list

You guys beat me to the post of the setlist, see below

Any one else get a wilco bread poster :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to a lot of shows. Never seen one cut short by a downpour.

Complete setlist:

--"The Price Is Right" theme music intro--

Wilco (the song)

IATTBYH

A Shot in the Arm

At Least That's What You Said

Bull Black Nova

You Are My Face

One Wing

Handshake Drugs

Side With The Seeds

Deeper Down

Jesus, etc.

Sonny Feeling

Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway(again)

Via Chicago

Impossible Germany

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Hummingbird

-----------------

I'm The Man Who Loves You

(show called due to rain)

yea... I am totally bummed that it rained... How many songs were cut??? It was my first Wilco show... and I was so sad :(

But I still hope to see the recording of the show posted in the tape section soon!!

On another note... I am the only person who thought that Conor Oberst's set was a little painful?

:ohwell

Luckily, I had a 15 minute drive from the Park. Completely soaked...even with a very smart idea: A Poncho.

Amazing setlist and they were just on. Every new song killed. Saw Paul earlier in the day and I told him I wanted to hear Deeper Down and we both thought it wouldn't be played due to a big outdoor show.

I'll post more later. A big bummer considering what's been played for 1st and 2nd encores nowadays.

The lightning bolt and fireworks during Via Chicago was a highlight.

I sat directly behind home plate. It was weird with the screen to look through. It felt like watching them on a movie screen. They were a bit far away, but I preferred to sit and take in the music. The place was pretty packed too.

Kristofor

Hot shower time....my "commemorative ticket" is completely soaked.

Even though I'm bummed the show got cancelled due to the storms, it was definitely a unique and amazing experience being up front in the pit during I'm the Man Who Loves You. It is too bad we didn't hear more songs.. the band was on.

i think that knowing that the rain was on its way

they should have bumped connor completely

or they should have shortened his set to 4 or 5 tunes

what a waste....

especially once his band left and he did another song alone

come on buddy

lets get a move on

what a waste....

come on buddy

lets get a move on

That's kinda disrespectful to him and his band.

this was my first show, and i will remember how amazing the songs were that we got to hear, (especially nothingsevergonnastandinmyway, impossible germany, hummingbird, and spiders), rather than the songs we did not get to hear because we missed 2-3 encore songs.

this was my first show, and i will remember how amazing the songs were that we got to hear, (especially nothingsevergonnastandinmyway, impossible germany, hummingbird, and spiders), rather than the songs we did not get to hear because we missed 2-3 encore songs.

Anyone seen the setlist to know what songs we missed due to rain?

Just got home from a three hour drive back to CT and wet all the way. Could have used one of those T-shirts the ballpark people were shooting out to the crowd for the ride home. The traffic through Lowell back to 495 was brutal. But, Wilco rocked and were great up to the downpour. They stopped and came back to play ITMWLY despite the wind driving the rain into the stage. Most of the equipment had been covered for a few minutes but Nels' gear was getting pretty soaked from what I could see. The crowd was pretty large and we got there late due to an accident on the highway outside of Lowell. People were lined up along the sidewalk past the ballpark and on to the bridge beyond the centerfield fence before the gates opened. We were able to get up front about seven rows of people from the stage. Crowd was well behaved with very little screaming of song requests that you normally would have in an arena or theater but at least the show wouldn't have been canceled due to rain in the 7th inning if it was in one. But overall the show was great. One Wing and Sonny Feeling are great live. Connor and the boys played quite a while. Wilco was much more generous in giving them time than Neil Young was when Wilco opened for him this past winter. They were okay but played too long.

what a waste....

come on buddy

lets get a move on

I don't think that Conor just decided to do a final song alone out of the blue without the bands consent, thats a bit foolish to think(although, he wasn't alone, he was with the piano player) I would be more upset, knowing the rain was on the way, that there was a 45 minute wait between conor and wilco. I do not in anyway blame any member of either band, I don't want to play the blame game, it was just a shitty situation with the weather. ANYWAYS, lots of rockers tonight! I brought my lil brother with me (his 1st Wilco show) we got there about 1/2 hour before Conor, and got nice spots up front by Nels, the highlight for me was Spiders. Anyone know what Jeff was doing when he hopped of the stage?

Anyone know what Jeff was doing when he hopped of the stage?

He was bringing his guitar over to be strummed by someone (or someones) in the crowd just before the first breakdown in Spiders. ;)

He was bringing his guitar over to be strummed by someone (or someones) in the crowd just before the first breakdown in Spiders. ;)

Two kids in fact! I think they were like 12 years old and looked to be having a blast

what a waste....

come on buddy

lets get a move on

Wow, one more reason not to like the guy.....but it could have been that no one talked to him about a shorter set and he just went with the program.

Sorry to hear this show was cut short. I would loved to have been there. Lowell is an interesting town. You guys in the northeast are getting some crappy weather this year, that's for sure.

LouieB

Well...

I don't think I will ever attend another ballpark-style show again. The set up is pretty unforgiving and creates a real disconnection with band and the music. The sound in bleachers was close to terrible, and though it was better up front, I was only okay. The large space created with the entire infield open is just plain weird and not satisfying. I have heard the band really fill up (with their sound) large places like Merriweather Post Pav, City Hall Park in NOLA, and Red Rocks. They were able to make those bigger venues fell smaller and intimate. I know they enjoy playing new places and different venues, but if they want to play larger spaces in the summer -- they should stick with some of the older sheds like SPAC, Tanglewood, Mann Music Center etc...

It was fun to to finally hear some of the new stuff. Deeper Down is a total keeper, and One Wing is terrific. Despite the overall issues with the venue and sound - I thought they pulled off ALTWYS, Via, Nothing'sever, and IATTBYH well.

Really looking forward to heading to Portland on Friday. This will be a much smaller and totally gorgeous small city setting with the Casco Bay as the backdrop. It the weather holds - it should be an amazing night.

Wow, one more reason not to like the guy.....but it could have been that no one talked to him about a shorter set and he just went with the program.

Sorry to hear this show was cut short. I would loved to have been there. Lowell is an interesting town. You guys in the northeast are getting some crappy weather this year, that's for sure.

LouieB

Really? It could've been that he didn't "know the rain was coming", I don't think everyone's a weatherman. it could've been they thought the rain was going to start after the show, it could've been that Wilco decided with them to do the show as normal, would that be another reason to dislike Wilco? Have a problem with Conor's attitude, or drinking, or just don't vibe with his songs, but don't be mad that he's not a meteorologist.

Anyway, I thought the whole show was pretty great and the rain-out gave it a certain uniqueness. I would've been disappointed if the show got cut off 5-6 songs into the night, but the boys had a decent enough run for it to not bother me. And them coming back out for ITMWLY was pretty freaking awesome.

Well...

I don't think I will ever attend another ballpark-style show again. The set up is pretty unforgiving and creates a real disconnection with band and the music. The sound in bleachers was close to terrible, and though it was better up front, I was only okay. The large space created with the entire infield open is just plain weird and not satisfying. I have heard the band really fill up (with their sound) large places like Merriweather Post Pav, City Hall Park in NOLA, and Red Rocks. They were able to make those bigger venues fell smaller and intimate. I know they enjoy playing new places and different venues, but if they want to play larger spaces in the summer -- they should stick with some of the older sheds like SPAC, Tanglewood, Mann Music Center etc...

It was fun to to finally hear some of the new stuff. Deeper Down is a total keeper, and One Wing is terrific. Despite the overall issues with the venue and sound - I thought they pulled off ALTWYS, Via, Nothing'sever, and IATTBYH well.

Really looking forward to heading to Portland on Friday. This will be a much smaller and totally gorgeous small city setting with the Casco Bay as the backdrop. It the weather holds - it should be an amazing night.

I thought the sound was actually pretty good. I was dead center in front of the soundboard for Wilco's set and both my girlfriend and I were impressed. From where I was standing I actually thought the sound was better than when I saw them at the Pavillion in Boston a few years ago, which is last time I saw them outdoors. The problem with this venue was the traffic and the "one way in, one way out" design of the stadium itself. Really difficult to get out of that place in the rain - kind of a frustrating end to an otherwise really enjoyable evening. I imagine the view and the sound wasn't good at all from the bleachers, either.

Portland should be great, although I know nothing about the venue or how it will be staged for a concert. Early weather forecast looks good, but I would have said the same for Lowell one week ago!

what a waste....

come on buddy

lets get a move on

That's a pretty dickish thing to say. Conor's great and deserved the full time he and his band were there for.

What was the song he did with just him and Nate?

That's a pretty dickish thing to say. Conor's great and deserved the full time he and his band were there for.

What was the song he did with just him and Nate?

I believe this was Conor's whole setlist, the song w/ him & Nate was Lenders in the Temple:

Moab

Spoiled

Eagle on a Pole

Danny Callahan

NYC-Gone, Gone

Ten Women

Cape Canaveral

Get Well Cards

WorldWide

I Got a Reason #2

I Don't Wanna Die in the Hospital

Lenders in the Temple

I believe this was Conor's whole setlist, the song w/ him & Nate was Lenders in the Temple:

Moab

Spoiled

Eagle on a Pole

Danny Callahan

NYC-Gone, Gone

Ten Women

Cape Canaveral

Get Well Cards

WorldWide

I Got a Reason #2

I Don't Wanna Die in the Hospital

Lenders in the Temple

I think he did Souled Out!! after NYC-Gone, Gone too. I personally dug his set and was really happy he did mostly songs from his self-titled album. He seemed to really polarize the audience though. People either liked it or hated it

I think he did Souled Out!! after NYC-Gone, Gone too. I personally dug his set and was really happy he did mostly songs from his self-titled album. He seemed to really polarize the audience though. People either liked it or hated it

You're right, I knew the setlist looked short. I don't get why people have such a strong disdain for him. I could see the music just not being your thing, but it seems like people just enjoy hating Conor Oberst because he was a little whiny for a couple records.

The boys were solid from the starting gun. Bit of a shame the encore got cut short. Certainly the most enthusiastic ITMWLY I've ever seen. Favorite part was was hanging with my cousin who'd never seen Wilco. They start into Via Chicago and I say, "oh, this is a nice mellow tune." So she's getting kinda lulled into the early mellowness when -bam- they start in with the gnarly dissonance and she must have jumped about a foot off the ground. Wasn't expecting that, I guess. :)

Conor Oberst is full of shit, imho. He's way too into himself, and played way too long.

I personally thought the rain added to the experience, the encore of I'm The Man Who Loves You was amazing. It was pouring at this point, and Nels came out with middle fingers raised to the heavens, and John mouthed "you guys are the shit!" to the crowd. This was my 8th Wilco show, and it is definitely a stand out. Amazing setlist, good crowd, good venue.