NHL 2010-2011 Season Thread

We finally did it. This is called the hardest trophy to get in sports and I can see why. Congrats to the boys for coming through in a big way.

And if you haven't see the cabbie you're missing a treat.

And here they are arriving in Chicago at 4 am

arcs1.jpg

arrive1.jpg

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great series!

it was apleasure to follow the Flyers this far. A great season.

a tip of the hat (helmet?) to the 'hawks. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Pics! My god, I can't believe they did it! I just got back from a wedding/vacation for the last 11 days in Southern Ilinois :unsure. I saw the game, but missed ALL the aftermath. I am so bummed. Looks like the city really broke loose! Go Hawks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That was a mistake, I think. Turco is not getting any better. Dallas didn't make the playoffs last year and Turco wasn't good enough for them. This just makes the Hawks a weaker team.

2.75 for Niemi is more than fair.

That was a mistake, I think. Turco is not getting any better. Dallas didn't make the playoffs last year and Turco wasn't good enough for them. This just makes the Hawks a weaker team.

2.75 for Niemi is more than fair.

I think this roster rearrangement is the most change I've seen a team go through from one year to the next. I think their plan is to stick Huet in the minors, so that his $5

mil+ salary doesn't hit their cap. Their 3rd and 4th lines will consist entirely of guys who were in their farm system a year ago, and who will all be making close to the league minimum.

It's all part of the master plan. $2.75M for a goalie who has not played a full season so close to the cap is not smart. They didn't want to lose Bolland or Sharp. Turco (veteran goalie who turned down more $$ to play in Philly) at less than half the price makes far better sense.

Niemi likely will not be signed at that price; at least not by any team in the NHL. KHL maybe. Zito did a real bad thing to him -- he has a big tag on him and not many teams left to turn to in a year where goalies are going cheap.