• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre%20Ethier%20-%20Born%20on%20Blue%20Fog.jpg

Andre Ethier - Born of Blue Fog

I%27mgoingawaycover.jpg

Fiery Furnaces, The - I'm Going Away

I heard several tracks from this at the record store yesterday. I've never gotten into that band, but this new one was sounding really good to me.

I heard several tracks from this at the record store yesterday. I've never gotten into that band, but this new one was sounding really good to me.

It's the album that non-fans should like. It's very simple in terms of the instruments used - nothing too flashy - and the weirder elements of their music are more subtly used. I personally think it's one of the best albums of the year. I also like the fact that the two (they are brother and sister) are going to make the album again, both, seperately - so there'll be three versions of the album eventually.

310WWTEZ8ML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Quasi - Early Recordings

I thought it was a lot more repetitive than their previous work. Sometimes, it works to great effect oddly, and sometimes it's a little middling for Fiery Furnaces' schizophrenic standards. Lost At Sea and Drive To Dallas immediately jump at me as great songs. I do want to listen to it again.

41GLeUcS3yL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This is incredible.

I thought it was an entertaining listen at most. Some solid stuff, but it's not drawing me back.

---

Wilco_%28The_Album%29_cover.jpg

41JMQ9XTC1L.jpg

51DEVFHNl5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg51Umj1R9AML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

317AP6GPuJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41VYM5E57ZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Harder They Come (original soundtrack)

The Cure - Staring at the Sea: The Singles

Luke Doucet - Broken (and other rogue states)

The Dukes of Stratosphear (XTC) - Chips From the Chocolate Fireball

41FTEEC4Z4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg