Now Playing: August 2009

51KMK1PM09L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51SY342QPSL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove

(the title track has to be one of the best party tracks ever)

41Gdyiy6VBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg64db828fd7a00e225b150110.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

41XM6VYDVDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41KSVDTVMFL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

John Cale - The Island Years (Fear/Guts/Helen of Troy, plus B-sides)

Small Faces - The Singles: A's and B's

Blur - 13

Tenpole Tudor - Best of: Swords of a Thousand Men

It's a great one. I was playing it, in part, because I met Hugo Burnham over the weekend. He lives and teaches in the Boston area. He's a really nice guy.

That's really cool! And I had no idea he lived in Boston. Gang of four is one of those bands where all the members are pretty critical. That rhythm section is just a monster. Amazing drummer. I hope they tour again because the last time I saw them was one of the best concerts I have EVER been to.

That's really cool! And I had no idea he lived in Boston. Gang of four is one of those bands where all the members are pretty critical. That rhythm section is just a monster. Amazing drummer. I hope they tour again because the last time I saw them was one of the best concerts I have EVER been to.

I saw them in 2006 and it was really great. You are right: the rhythm section (live and on record) is tremendous. But he said that Andy Gill and Jon King are playing some shows in England this summer as Gang of Four but without Burnham and Dave Allen.

51ZAD5F03GL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Doris - Did You Give the World Some Love Today Baby

Oh man I can't wait.

ditto that... I pre-ordered the Lucero album and it mentioned something about shipping early I thought. At any rate, the EP is doing tremendous things to help the waiting period. Just great, great stuff.