Now Playing: August 2009

I'm gonna have to live with it for a bit to make my final determination, but it may be their best album.

yeah. all their albums have some killer songs on them, but this is the most consistent overall. it's strange that they are seen as one-hit-wonders for Brimful of Asha - and not even their damn version of it, which is a million times better than the sped up Norman Cook remix.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might as well have named the album Lazarus. I hadn't even thought about them in a decade or more.

I'm diggin' it.

if you're talking about Cornershop, then you've missed out on Handcream For A Generation, which is the album between this new one and When I was Born For The 7th Time.

that's on youtube too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lT1mzg7eqo&feature=PlayList&p=59F107C56AE2907D&index=0

really great album as well, and totally ignored by most people.

far as i know, no.

the 3 song iTunes EP is all i've seen (which i'll be honest, i like the title track, but the other 2 songs = notsogood :()

Really? I think Laundry Room is really solid. Saw them play the songs live recently. Although I liked it quite a bit, I was definitely missing the banjo on the new ones. Not sure if the 3 songs are representative of the amount of banjo though. You're going to want that banjo in there.

It's 80's power pop day!!!

41MCWAW4T9L._SL500_AA240_.jpgbfa8c060ada0f1279ca3f110.L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51H86EV6GDL._SL500_AA240_.jpg61KSD09R9AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Plimsouls - Everywhere At Once

The Plimsouls - The Plimsouls

Hoodoo Gurus - Mars Needs Guitars

Hoodoo Gurus - Magnum Cum Louder

31z%2BKQxY4zL._SL500_AA240_.jpg