Now Playing: October, 2009

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol I have both of those on vinyl.

The Airplane one is an early pressing, and still sounds fantastic.

Me too. Unfortunately, Embryonic Journey skips, so I usually listen to Surrealistic Pillow on CD.

My vinyl collection dwarfs my cd collection, which I love, but I wish I had "After Bathing at Baxters" (among many other things) on cd so I could listen to it at work.

I've owned both of those albums on cassette, vinyl and cd (two cds in the case of Surrealistic Pillow...that was the first cd I ever bought and I recently got a newer version.)

51SWXKNZJXL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
Thumb-20.jpg
folder-3.jpg
51z39qcPISL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Big Star--''Keep an eye on the Sky''

layers keep revealing themselves........wow.

-Robert

:thumbup Robert!

NP: Gov't Mule - The Roxy, Atlanta GA 12/31/98 (With a Litle Help From Our Friends)

21CC3P8W4RL._SL500_AA130_.jpg415APNT97AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg414V9X64YWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

413R4WQ2Z0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg214WBS1HXEL._SL500_AA130_.jpg

MegaSuperUltra - Power Pop Art

The Glands - The Glands

Prince - Dirty Mind

Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World

Sam Cooke - The Man & His Music

yea, you Bostonians are lucky to have more Janovitz sightings. He should put out an Exile covers album.

He's got a couple of Exile covers up on his excellent blog, Part Time Man of Rock. For those who like Janovitz and haven't seen his site, it's a must see. He now has about 50 songs (his Cover of the Week project) for free downloading, ranging from the Replacements to Tom Waits to the Grateful Dead. Recent highlights include Big Star's Thirteen (which he recorded with Kay Hanley from Letters to Cleo), Elton John's Rocketman, and REM's Wendell Gee. He records them in his basment and some are a little rough around the edges. Most of the entries include a short write-up about the song, and he writes really well.

The Glands - The Glands

:cheers

I love those guys and that record. I was friends with their drummer in high school. He came with me and my dad on the day I got my first drumset and spent the day showing me how to set them up and tune them.

Supposedly they did a good bit of work on a follow up album, but nothing ever came of it and they threw in the towel.