Now Playing: October, 2009

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

61Sh1-S61XL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I may be braving the Luxe and Reduxe portion too. It's just that the Luxe and Reduxe portion is sooooooo loooooong...not that I don't fucking love Pavement, but 2.3 hrs is hard to get through in a sitting. I might have to come back to the Luxe/Reduxe portion later.

51WT7JXW94L._SL500_AA240_.jpg418D79HEAQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51Nz28zkBpL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

41PEZ14SWJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg51DEVFHNl5L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Velvet Crush - Teenage Symphonies to God

Os Mutantes - Mutantes

Beastie Boys - Check Your Head

The Webb Brothers - Maroon

Jimmy Cliff, et. al. - The Harder They Come (OST)

51-9oo3ue%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Television: Live at the Academy 1992

How is that? I saw them on that tour and they were ridiculous!

How is that? I saw them on that tour and they were ridiculous!

It's not perfect. Some of Verlaine's singing is a bit off, but overall it's mostly excellent. I got this at a Richard Lloyd show earlier this year. It's mostly songs from the reunion album, plus a few from Marquee Moon. The newer meaterial holds up quite well next to the classics.

Exile on Main Street.

I saw a fun show last night. Bill Janovitz (from Buffalo Tom) wrote the 33 1/3 book on Exile and he put together a show where he did some readings from the book and then he and a band (mostly his other band, Crown Victoria) played songs. It was largely Exile songs but they threw in a few others too. He had a small horn section (sax and trumpet) which made it great.

Some of Verlaine's singing is a bit off

:lol All of Verlaine's singing is a bit off -- more than a bit, usually -- over his whole career.

(This has never prevented me from loving his stuff.)

Exile on Main Street.

I saw a fun show last night. Bill Janovitz (from Buffalo Tom) wrote the 33 1/3 book on Exile and he put together a show where he did some readings from the book and then he and a band (mostly his other band, Crown Victoria) played songs. It was largely Exile songs but they threw in a few others too. He had a small horn section (sax and trumpet) which made it great.

This sounds awesome.

Exile on Main Street.

yea, you Bostonians are lucky to have more Janovitz sightings. He should put out an Exile covers album.

616WQQVV1JL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?

kr482.jpg

loving the hell outta this

Let me guess, this isn't out yet. I think I'd be shocked if you posted something in here that was actually "officially" released :D.

61P3AH2VXVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41J26EHQ40L._SL500_AA240_.jpg41YKNV7S1WL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

41K55NS46AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg41FWBQY4QZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Decemberists - Picaresque

Self - Gizmodgery

The Creation - Our Music Is Red With Purple Flashes

The Move - The Best of The Move

The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs (Vol. 3)

Let me guess, this isn't out yet. I think I'd be shocked if you posted something in here that was actually "officially" released :D.

hah!

well... yes and no. it's self-released right now and being re-released on a label in January ;)

the self-release has a diff cover too:

astrocoast-selfrelease.jpg