Playing Kiss Covers

Cool.

Kansas Al, I began listening to KISS around 1976, and I am still listening to them today.

It bugs me when people post in threads just to dump on certain bands over and over again. But, I should not be too surprised, I use to do it all the time myself.

I'd like to hear Wilco cover Hard Luck Woman, or A World Without Heroes.

I fucking hate Bon Jovi, and have fucking hated them since I first heard them when I was in high school, so we are going on 25 years of utter scumbag contempt for those assholes. Buncha bullshit pansy-ass fake metal shit. Fuck Bon Jovi. I even like Journey better than Bon Jovi.

I fucking hate Bon Jovi, and have fucking hated them since I first heard them when I was in high school, so we are going on 25 years of utter scumbag contempt for those assholes. Buncha bullshit pansy-ass fake metal shit. Fuck Bon Jovi. I even like Journey better than Bon Jovi.

And I hate Bon Jovi so much, I am not even going to delete the accidental duplicate post.

Edited by bjorn_skurj

jon_bon_jovi.jpg

"Meet me in the men's room in five minutes. Got any poppers?"

And I hate Bon Jovi so much, I am not even going to delete the accidental duplicate post.

Watch out...you'll attract the wrath of bobbob (he doesn't like people being 'hated')

Cool.

Kansas Al, I began listening to KISS around 1976, and I am still listening to them today.

It bugs me when people post in threads just to dump on certain bands over and over again. But, I should not be too surprised, I use to do it all the time myself.

While I have stated earlier in this thread that KISS 'sucks ass', I agree with the Hard Luck Woman choice. And would go for a Got Nothin' to Lose too.

KISS always seemed cartoonish and insubstantial. The played nice, catchy hard rock and tried to pull off menacing air. Like they wanted to be Black Sabbath but ended up being Slade.

Oh Dear Lord YES. :cheers

Watch out...you'll attract the wrath of bobbob (he doesn't like people being 'hated')

I have hated Bon Jovi longer than our friend from Florida has been alive!

I have hated Bon Jovi longer than our friend from Florida has been alive!

Same with my distaste for Harold Baines...didn't stop the bobster from chewing my ass out.

While I have stated earlier in this thread that KISS 'sucks ass', I agree with the Hard Luck Woman choice. And would go for a Got Nothin' to Lose too.

KISS always seemed cartoonish and insubstantial. The played nice, catchy hard rock and tried to pull off menacing air. Like they wanted to be Black Sabbath but ended up being Slade.

Uh oh! Now I might have to spin this thread into one defending Slade as well. You're gonna deny "Gudbuy T' Jane," those ridiculous outfits and the ugliest band in rock?

Cool.

I have a buddy who would argue that Kiss is the greatest thing since sliced bread. My ignorance of the band would be my downfall in this arguement. I guess I always viewed them as a novelty rather than "serious music" but truth be told I don't know enough about them to comment either way. Just perception. Long way of saying more power to ya :)

so I am guessing my anaolgy struck a chord with you :lol ?

"Dynasty" was their strongest studio record........

-Robert

When I was ten years old (or so)I traded with my cousin my copies of Dynasty and Rock and Roll Over for his Rolling Stones' Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass). I don't think I ever topped that trade.

I just noticed on allmusic that Anton Fig did most of the drumming on Dynasty. And for the life of me I don't remember how Kiss's cover of 2000 Man was - I did not even remember that song being on the album.

I do like this cover, though.

raro.gif

When I was ten years old (or so)I traded with my cousin my copies of Dynasty and Rock and Roll Over for his Rolling Stones' Big Hits (High Tide and Green Grass). I don't think I ever topped that trade.

I just noticed on allmusic that Anton Fig did most of the drumming on Dynasty. And for the life of me I don't remember how Kiss's cover of 2000 Man was - I did not even remember that song being on the album.

I do like this cover, though.

raro.gif

I feel a bit odd going on about KISS in the Wilco area, but anyhow, Anton (along with a lot of other people over the years)played on several KISS albums. I think their cover is alright, Ace brought it to the band, and sings it on the album.

KISS was my favorite band when I was a little kid. Spent a LOT of time in grade school drawing pictures of them when I should have been paying attention. I would say they are much, much better than Bon Jovi. Much.

KISS Alive II was one of the first records I ever bought. Around the time I was in grades 5 & 6 they were probably my favorite band, followed closely by The Who, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath and Rush.

Years later I recall trading most of my KISS records (Dynasty, Alive II, Unmasked...) for a friends Van Halen records. I still have my original "Hotter Than Hell" on vinyl so I guess my friend didn't want that one, can't blame him.

Out of curiosity, when did Wilco stop doing covers at their live shows?

Probably the only complaint I have about the current band's live shows. I'd gladly exchange a random cover or two in lieu of one of the 'old standards' like Jesus, etc. or Kingpin.

The videos of Jeff doing Fake Plastic Trees at the 7 worlds gig are pretty incredible.

Ahh, bringing this back to a Wilco thread, with the question on covers. The AGIB tour and KTV tours saw several somewhat frequent covers. Not so many the past few years, save for special occasions, and of course solo Tweedy shows. Usually bands introduce covers into their setlists mid-period between releases, so maybe next year they'll add in a few.

• 9 months later...