Wilco breking Up?

Well the world is screwed up enough for me to learn that my favorite band ever is breaking up via Craig's List. Somehow though (excuse my apprehension) I'm going to say that this is about rooted in as much reality as my beloved Cubs winning a world series anytime soon.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Craig's List person is a big jerk! They are just trying to sell a silly ticket, or worse, start a rumor and upset people. I'm gonna choose to not let that tool get me worried and just think positive Wilco thoughts.

I know i'm gonna receive a beating but does anyone else think an extended break from touring wouldn't be a bad idea (if this rumor is indeed false). Watching clips from farm aid it just seemed like the band was going through the motions.

I

Guest Speed Racer

I know i'm gonna receive a beating but does anyone else think an extended break from touring wouldn't be a bad idea (if this rumor is indeed false). Watching clips from farm aid it just seemed like the band was going through the motions.

Yes, a few people in this thread do.

I don't think Wilco should take an extended break from touring. I do think some people should take an extended break from posting. :yes

I am not so sure about this, remember how dull and grammatically correct things were when Panther was on hiatus.

--Mike

I think Wilco, as currently constituted, will not formally break up. I could easily see them taking hiatuses over the years in order to pursue their various side projects, solo, etc. I see Wilco being more of a brotherhood as the years go by.

At that January session, Jeff will have a camera crew there to film the rehearsals for a documentary that will result in a concert in some unique place like on a boat or in the deserts of North Africa. However he will be accused of being too pushy by the other band members who will balk at the concert. Pat will walk out for a few days but after a meeting they will agree to finish the project and he comes back. Leroy is invited to sit in for a few of the songs easing the tensions a bit. Instead of traveling to perform a concert they will play a show on the roof of the Loft. In the middle of the show Chicago police will arrive and put an end to the performance. All if this will be captured on film. The album will be delayed almost a year since no one wants to sit through the endless hours of rehearsals to mix the album. Meanwhile, the band agrees that they need to put out a studio produced album like they did in the good old days. After Sue Tweedy and the family move into the studio while they are making this album tensions rise to the point where they realize this will probably be the last Wilco Album. The band goes out to ********* Ave to take a picture of them crossing the street for the cover. Nels has no shoes on for the picture which starts a rumor that he is dead. A Volvo with the license plate 54IF appears in the shot furthering the speculation that Nels is dead. Glen secretly quits the group but doesn't announce the fact until business matters are dealt with. Finally, in January 2011 John announces that hes leaving the band and that his solo album Stirrat will be coming out around the time ********* Ave is coming out causing an irreparable end to the greatest band of the 21st century. It is so obvious isn't it?

At that January session, Jeff will have a camera crew there to film the rehearsals for a documentary that will result in a concert in some unique place like on a boat or in the deserts of North Africa. However he will be accused of being too pushy by the other band members who will balk at the concert. Pat will walk out for a few days but after a meeting they will agree to finish the project and he comes back. Leroy is invited to sit in for a few of the songs easing the tensions a bit. Instead of traveling to perform a concert they will play a show on the roof of the Loft. In the middle of the show Chicago police will arrive and put an end to the performance. All if this will be captured on film. The album will be delayed almost a year since no one wants to sit through the endless hours of rehearsals to mix the album. Meanwhile, the band agrees that they need to put out a studio produced album like they did in the good old days. After Sue Tweedy and the family move into the studio while they are making this album tensions rise to the point where they realize this will probably be the last Wilco Album. The band goes out to ********* Ave to take a picture of them crossing the street for the cover. Nels has no shoes on for the picture which starts a rumor that he is dead. A Volvo with the license plate 54IF appears in the shot furthering the speculation that Nels is dead. Glen secretly quits the group but doesn't announce the fact until business matters are dealt with. Finally, in January 2011 John announces that hes leaving the band and that his solo album Stirrat will be coming out around the time ********* Ave is coming out causing an irreparable end to the greatest band of the 21st century. It is so obvious isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUxCCFfFIEw