Celebrities at Wilco Shows

I saw Tim Ribbons, Susan Sarandon and their son at the Mcarren Park show last year. I was waiting by the bus, and they walked by, knocked on the bus tour, and were let in.

I guess if I had an Oscar, I could have got on too.

And I think I saw this girl who played a child killer on Law & Order -- long, blond wavy hair, big blues eyes and she was playing a pre-teen sociopath. Think I saw her at Pines Theater.

And the NBC Channel 4 weather guy, Chris Cimino, at the Starland Ballroom in 06.

Anyone else?

I heard on the radio that Sean McAdam (providence journal? sports writer) was at the Lowell show, he called them the best band in America, couldnt agree more. Thats about it lol

Oh, little edit here, this guy has made a concert appearance...

Obama Wilco 1.jpg

I saw Ron MacLean (CBC's Hockey Night in Canada host) at a Massey Hall, Toronto show a few years back. Cool.

MacLean's a huge Wilco fan, I know he was seen at the 2007 Massey show (along with Ron Sexsmith). In that year's best playoff series he announced the start of game 7 with "Impossible Boston, Unlikely Montreal!!".

For any culture-starved masses who don't know, Ron is the dude on the left, Don Cherry is his nemesis/foil on the right.

frozen_inside040107.jpg

Well, Neil Young was the headliner at MSG and I had seats where family and friends of the band sit as well as those with complimentary tickets so I don't know if they were all there for Wilco but here's the list.....Bill Murray, Fred Armisen, John McEnroe, Noel Gallagher, Gem, Amy Poehler, Timothy Hutton, Norah Jones and all the members of Wilco including Spencer who either sat near us when NY played or when we saw them back stage. Those were the ones I could identify. Big score that night.

Well, Neil Young was the headliner at MSG and I had seats where family and friends of the band sit as well as those with complimentary tickets so I don't know if they were all there for Wilco but here's the list.....Bill Murray, Fred Armisen, John McEnroe, Noel Gallagher, Gem, Amy Poehler, Timothy Hutton, Norah Jones and all the members of Wilco including Spencer who either sat near us when NY played or when we saw them back stage. Those were the ones I could identify. Big score that night.

I believe the younger SNL'ers are Wilco fans. Though my memory ain't what it used to be. Norah Jones has covered Jesus, etc. (iirc).

Also, Jim and Dwight from The Office have been seen at some shows.

p.s. "all the members of Wilco including Spencer"...is that a prediction? B)

I heard on the radio that Sean McAdam (providence journal? sports writer) was at the Lowell show, he called them the best band in America, couldnt agree more. Thats about it lol

I can't believe that you and I would consider McAdam a celebrity but, yes, I saw him at the Worcester Neil Young/Wilco show.

I saw Tim Ribbons, Susan Sarandon and their son at the Mcarren Park show last year. I was waiting by the bus, and they walked by, knocked on the bus tour, and were let in.

me too

I saw that Jim DeRogatis dude at Radio City in '04.

MacLean's a huge Wilco fan, I know he was seen at the 2007 Massey show (along with Ron Sexsmith). In that year's best playoff series he announced the start of game 7 with "Impossible Boston, Unlikely Montreal!!".

For any culture-starved masses who don't know, Ron is the dude on the left, Don Cherry is his nemesis/foil on the right.

frozen_inside040107.jpg

You will know Wilco has made it big when you see Cherry showing up for shows. The dude knows how to dress, check out the Maple Leaf cuff links. The Wilcos ought to drop the Nudie suits and get a bunch of suits from Cherry's tailor.

I saw Eric Bogosian at the Barnes & Noble in Burlington, MA.

Edit: I also saw Steven Tyler at the Lahey Clinic in Burlington, MA - which, is just down the road from the Barnes and Noble at which I saw Eric Bogosian, as I've already stated.

So, if you're in MA, and you want to hunt celebrities, you could do worse than Burlington.

Monica Lewinsky showed up at a show in NYC several years ago. Unfortunately, Wilco passed on the opportunity to cover Pink Floyd's 'Have a Cigar'.

Or "devil with the blue dress"?

Nevermind. I should just be sick and stop posting :lol