Spot your favorite VCer

I just posted quite a few, often unsuspecting shots I took in the GA line prior to show 2 last week in Chicago. Follow the below link and enjoy, Greg:

Greg Wells

I see Ditty people

:thumbup

Great pics Greg, hard to believe it's already been a week! We got back to reality today after our wilcation. It's hard to add to the after show comments at this point besides it was great to see old friends and meet new ones! Until next time ... :wave

Glad to see you made it in one. Another busy weekend coming up here in Louisville: Avett Bros on Fri & Monsters of Folk on Saturday.

This is multiple levels of awesomeness

4044940168_6ef9766be1.jpg

This is a bit like finally seeing a DJ you've been listening to for years. My mental image and the real Louie just didn't quite sync up. Fortunately, I like the real-life Louie better! I am perplexed by the guitar thingy, though.

ACTUALLY this is BBop's plastic soda thingee.

Of course people never look like what you think they should. I don't even look like what I think I look like....(as in I am much older than I want to be....) I was hoping to look more like Leo. I gotta get some new specs....

LouieB

So what happens if you have to pee while you're in line? Are there reasonable facilities close?

There were portapottys around the corner, classroom buildings nearby, some restaurants and many other facilities. Best place I have ever hung out.

LouieB

As to the peeing in line thing? I learned just the other day from someone in line that it is common for long-distance runners in marathons to defecate on themselves and just keep on going! So, you never know what kind of information you might receive while waiting in a Wilco line.

I've never met him but LouieB reminds me of my ex's dad. he was one of the coolest guys to chat with. he had this awesome record/ cd collection and had speakers rigged up around the living room from which the local college radio station was always playing. he also had an awesome beard!

It's really kinda nice to see pics of people that I might know in an online setting...but the thought of anybody here knowing what I look like scares me to death for some reason.

I guess it's the old problem with intimacy and forming attachments thingee.

But I would really love for you guys to see how handsome D-man is. He is one good looking, strong, virile, kind kid.

Did you recite Howl? I have a Ginsberg t shirt.

I could have seen him twice before he died. Once at Kent State while I was going to school there, and once at Oberlin College after I moved home from Kent. Didn't go either time. I suck. :ohwell

My beginning of getting into Jazz was the Kerouac box set. Having a spoken word collection kinda ruins reading poetry. I love Ginsberg's Cleveland the Flats. It looks now kind of what he described 50 years ago.

I can't believe someone actually has a pic of this.... :yucky

I think I had a copy of Howl, but was not asked to read it.

I saw Ginsburg at the November 1969 Vietnam Moritorium March on Washington at the Yippies rally. As I recall he chanted with his concertina. I passed up a chance or two to see him read in his later years, which was stupid, including a date he did with Burroughs.

The flats is not quite the same as it was when he wrote that poem (for long lost legendary Cleveland poet d.a. levy, by the way..which is a good topic in and of itself...if anyone is interested...) since in those days it was far dirtier. However it is still fairly industrial now, but just not as polluted. There is an album on Island with music of Ginsburg reading that poem; definitely worth having!!\

B000001EVA.jpg

(I am currently reading Ginsburg's early journals, as in the years from his childhood to Columbia. Good stuff.)

LouieB

A friend of mine was approached by Ginsberg at a reading he did in Boston probably 15-20 years ago and asked if he minded if he gave him a kiss. My friend was probably barely even 18 at the time. He declined, though he said he was tempted to take him up on the offer.