Why was Dark Neon not on (the Album)?

I don't know, but it should have been, in place of "Solitaire."

...in place of Solitaire?

.......in place of.. SOLITAIRE?!??!?!?

:blink

Anyway, it should have been on the album, in place of .. nothing .. but preferably as the first song (I posted a resequenced track list a while ago that I still think balances the album better).

..in place.. of.. .... .solitaire?

...in place of Solitaire?

.......in place of.. SOLITAIRE?!??!?!?

:blink

Anyway, it should have been on the album, in place of .. nothing .. but preferably as the first song (I posted a resequenced track list a while ago that I still think balances the album better).

..in place.. of.. .... .solitaire?

"Solitaire" makes me mad for some reason.

It's not Obama's fault I hate "Solitaire." It probably has to do with my own psychological issues.

"Midniiiiight, and I'm a waitin' on the 12:05."

This thread inspired me to listen to this song for the first time in a long while. I'd forgotten how great it is! Better than anything that made it on (the album), I'd say. In the end, it's just good to know that Wilco still has it in them, even if (the album) is underwhelming.

(And I think "Solitaire" is one of the better tracks on (the album).)

I cannot complain, as I am pleased with (the Album). However, I just love this bonus track

It wouldve been cool to see it on (the album), but I guess the band just didnt want it on there. No idea why they didnt because its a great track. Id love to see them try and pull it off live... :thumbup

this may be cynical, but, it seems it was supposed to be on the album, but was taken off and added as the bonus track for itunes. bands have to do that shit to get stuff on itunes. i imagine it will be on an ep that comes out soon.

"Midniiiiight, and I'm a waitin' on the 12:05."

Wow. A Juice Newton reference? Not bad. :cheers

I curse you for the ear worm, though. "...hopin it'll take me just a little farther down the line."

Dark Neon is probably my fourth favorite song that came out the sessions (behind Bull Black Nova, Solitaire, and One Wing). I wouldn't take anything off the record, I'd just put Dark Neon in between Country and Solitaire. That would help spruce up the back end of the record a bit more in my opinion.

--Mike

This thread inspired me to listen to this song for the first time in a long while. I'd forgotten how great it is! Better than anything that made it on (the album), I'd say. In the end, it's just good to know that Wilco still has it in them, even if (the album) is underwhelming.

(And I think "Solitaire" is one of the better tracks on (the album).)

I wouldn't call the Album underwhelming by any means...

Wow. A Juice Newton reference? Not bad. :cheers

I curse you for the ear worm, though. "...hopin it'll take me just a little farther down the line."

This should get that out of your head, but the cure might be worse than the disease ...

How about in the place of (The Song) instead?

No, thank you. I really like (The Song).

this may be cynical, but, it seems it was supposed to be on the album, but was taken off and added as the bonus track for itunes. bands have to do that shit to get stuff on itunes. i imagine it will be on an ep that comes out soon.

Ummm, does anyone know if there is an official way to obtain this track? I didn't see it on iTunes. FWIW, I bought (the album) on iTunes. Thanks.

I too, still don't know how to obtain this and have yet to even hear it. I'm dying over here.

Curiousity got the better of me. With due deference to those who did the pre-order on I-Tunes, I found it on a blog:

http://iguessimfloating.net/assets/mp3s/12%20Dark%20Neon.mp3

I hope I am not breaking any rules here. Had it been available on I-Tunes for 99 cents I would have definitely bought it.

Curiousity got the better of me. With due deference to those who did the pre-order on I-Tunes, I found it on a blog:

http://iguessimfloating.net/assets/mp3s/12%20Dark%20Neon.mp3

I hope I am not breaking any rules here. Had it been available on I-Tunes for 99 cents I would have definitely bought it.

Ahhhh, there is my problem, I didn't do the pre-order. Hopefully it will appear someday for the 99 cents.