Monster of Folk on Kimmel tonight?

Yeah, I should have been more specific instead of just complaining :lol You are dead on about the vocals, Wendy...they were all having problems with pitch.

I don't think the song choice was a good one either, and I couldn't hear the Roots at all.

Oh well.

Yeah, I should have been more specific instead of just complaining :lol You are dead on about the vocals, Wendy...they were all having problems with pitch.

I don't think the song choice was a good one either, and I couldn't hear the Roots at all.

Oh well.

I was hoping for Losin' Yer Head, that was sooo good when I saw them in Chicago. Either that or Baby Boomer. I bet they had to choose a song in which everyone traded verses, just like "Say Please" on Conan, to be fair to everyone.

i thought it was pretty good, but when they're all singing together the blend was not right. Jim, I mean, Yim, always sounded on pitch, just a ton of his normal reverb was gone.

I've never liked Jim James with reverb, not gonna lie. The whole "Help! I'm trapped in the bottom of a well and I can't get out!...ladies." shtick has never sat well with me. Which is why I can't get into MMJ and I still think Jim James' version of "Goin' to Acapulco" on the I'm Not There soundtrack might be the best thing ever.

edit: but about MoF, I thought the arrangement was swell, but I didn't notice the harmonies getting messed up until the second time around hearing it...the out-of-tune-ness was totally noticeable. I liked the choice though, you don't have to play upbeat tunes all the damn time.

not their best work honestly...

i heard a track or two beforehand - not familiar with their prior work for the most part - and liked those and then it was on sale first week really cheap, maybe $6.99, so i got it. i liked it at the time. what i heard and saw live on TV from the last one didn't do anything for me, so i didn't get it.

i think that was one thing i was surprised with MoF because his vocals weren't near as buried as on everything MMJ i've heard.