Travis Bean guitar?

No idea. I'd be surprised if he didn't own one.

For those who may not know, this is what a Travis Bean guitar looks like. It's most distinguishing physical characteristic is the hollow T shape on the headstock.

164travis.jpg

In Shellac, both Weston and Albini play one:

p1011619191-4.jpg

Shellac was on Dogs 101 on Animal Planet the other night. The episode was about Italian Greyhouds, and the drummer has one. They showed the band practicing while the dog was playing and running around in their practice space. It was cute. :D

Indeed. I think that was his main guitar for Europe '72.

He began using the guitar (a Travis Beam TB 1000A) in 1975.

According to Wikipedia:

Around 3,600 guitars and basses were produced between 1974 and 1979. Bean produced several more aluminum-neck guitars and basses in the late 1990s, though no more than 9-10.

Shellac was on Dogs 101 on Animal Planet the other night. The episode was about Italian Greyhouds, and the drummer has one. They showed the band practicing while the dog was playing and running around in their practice space. It was cute. :D

Ha. I can't believe I'm not the only person around here who saw that.

Fun fact: Glenn's arms-aloft pose before ITMWLY was originally billed as a Todd Trainer tribute. No word on whether Todd's greyhound can do rock poses.

(Nobody seems to know anything about the actual question posed in this thread, do they.)

He began using the guitar (a Travis Beam TB 1000A) in 1975.

Hmm. I could've sworn he's holding a Bean in the Europe '72 cd booklet. I must be thinking of some other photos I've seen. Looks like Garcia was a Strat guy on that tour.

Ha. I can't believe I'm not the only person around here who saw that.

Fun fact: Glenn's arms-aloft pose before ITMWLY was originally billed as a Todd Trainer tribute. No word on whether Todd's greyhound can do rock poses.

and don't forget their last record:

http://www.touchandgorecords.com/bands/album.php?id=414

btw, this place makes some look-alikes (Buzzo has been playing one for the past year, as have the guys in Torche).

http://electricalguitarcompany.com/models.html

p323972096-4.jpg

Hmm. I could've sworn he's holding a Bean in the Europe '72 cd booklet. I must be thinking of some other photos I've seen. Looks like Garcia was a Strat guy on that tour.

Here is a link to a nice page with photos and text:

Jerry's guitars.

Maybe someone could make a page like that for Jeff.

I expected you people to help me out here. Seriously disappointed in you. Well, I found my own answer thanks to YouTube.

"Side with the Seeds" from the Monday show:

Tweedy's definitely playing a Bean. Thanks for nothing! ;)

Awww, I'm late to this party. I could have confirmed he played one in Chicago on Monday...but only because my husband pointed it out to me during the show. I had completely forgotten about it until reading your post.