Stranded on an island with 5, non-wilco cds..

I was thinking about Exile because I love most tunes on it but decided against it because I consider a few songs on there throw-wayws and I couldn't live with using it as one of the five albums with throw-aways on it.

Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphonies 1-9

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Johnny Cash - At San Quentin

Sly & The Family Stone - Anthology

The Beatles - The Blue Album

Guest Runaway Jim

Phish - Junta

Dylan - Time out of Mind

Dylan - Blonde on Blonde

Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

Beatles - Abbey Road

If I could take Wilco, I'd put Being There on there instead of Blonde on Blonde.

Also, while Abbey Road is not my favorite Beatles album by any means, I threw it on there because I don't even want to go on living if I can't ever hear Something again.

That fits on 1 CD?

Clash - London Calling

Beatles - White Album

Los Lobos - Kiko

Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God

Gorillaz v Spacemonkeyz - Laika come home

No*, but neither does the White Album ;).

* Technically they could fit on 1 CD if they were MP3s.

Argh, I always spend way too much time thinking about these sort of lists. So here we go: quick, painless, one take:

Big Star - Radio City

The Beatles - White Album

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

I think I could live with that. Except for the whispers, constantly reminding me of albums from my past... This Year's Model... Ziggy Stardust... Sweetheart of the Rodeo... Born to Run... Separation Sunday...

Tom Waits: Mule Variations (Good for stomping around the Island hunting wild boar with my face painted, conch-shell and spear in hand)

Herbie Hancock: Maiden Voyage (Something for a nice sunny day relaxing, blissfully unaware of the lack of food and water on this desolate Island)

M. Ward: Transistor Radio. (As the sun sets and I am kicking back with my rancid coconut milk smoothie!!)

Genesis: The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (For when I start to hallucinate due to lack of nutrition - see 'Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging')

Jason Lyttle: Yours Truly, The Commuter (Something from 2009 and nice and melancholy for when I realised the Island has no fresh water and I will soon be dead!!)

Plus: Samual Barber: Adagio for Strings (For when I slump dead in sea and my body is dragged away by the dark and unforgiving currents) :ohwell