Olbermann, of all of these blowhards, is the only one who can rile me up into a frustrated frenzy. I think it's because when I see him arguing something, I usually agree with him on principle, but his bluster and self-righteousness makes me want to buy a Hummer and lodge its exhaust pipe inside a factory farm cow's mouth while blaring Ted Nugent and then do something else right-leaning.

Thankfully, there's this:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst part, is that his performance is rehearsed, calculated and about 98% phony. There is video floating around of him rehearsing one of his teary little “heartfelt” breakdowns. People eat this shit up, which is sad, because he’s laughing at them, while, at the same time, filling their heads full of nonsensical, conspiratorial bullshit. It’s entertaining, but about as good for you as a diet consisting of little more than Twinkies, Ring Dings and to drink, a 5th of Wild Irish Rose.

Fox should be forced to start each broadcast day with a disclaimer reminding folks that what they’re watching is a cynical puppet show, where what’s reported as news is largely the fictional infomercial-like reality of Rupert Murdoch. And before someone replies with, yeah, well, CNN is just as bad, well, it’s not. It too airs some ideological bullshit, but unlike Fox, they haven’t entirely foregone news altogether, in favor of blatant propaganda.

Disclaimer - "what you are about to see is not news, but entertainment."

we also need disclaimers on foods with GMOs, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, and nitrates...just to name a few.

I love that girl. I want to have babies with her. :yes

too bad she's gay. maybe you could donate some sperm.

her first show on air america was great when she had a co-host.

Olbermann, of all of these blowhards, is the only one who can rile me up into a frustrated frenzy.

In Olbermann's defense, he really, really likes Arrested Development so much he had gotten super-pissed at Fox for canceling it. I think that's where his furious anger comes from. So I support him on that issue.

I was looking up movie times and this came up on one of the theaters near me:

Glenn Beck's Christmas Sweater: A Return to Redemption

What the fuck is this?

I googled it and didn't get too far, didn't try to hard, hoping somebody here could explain this.

edit: Found this

http://www.connect.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=197399893209&ref=mf

what a joke, is this shit serious? who is going to see this? It looks extremely lame, how does he have the balls to bullshit so much?

Last edit:

I don't know what pisses me off more: him or the peoplee who buy into all of his nonsense and can't see that he is a douchebag bullshitter.

Like all demagogues, Beck will be revealed in time. He is into some seriously nutty stuff, and while quite a few people will follow him down that path, hopefully to a jungle compound in Guyana where grape Kool-Aid will be served, most people will lose their taste for him in time and latch on to the latest button-pusher. Or he may be sane enough to laugh (or cry) all the way to the bank. Either way, I think we would all be better off watching cable news less and the History Channel more.

Like all demagogues, Beck will be revealed in time. He is into some seriously nutty stuff, and while quite a few people will follow him down that path, hopefully to a jungle compound in Guyana where grape Kool-Aid will be served, most people will lose their taste for him in time and latch on to the latest button-pusher. Or he may be sane enough to laugh (or cry) all the way to the bank. Either way, I think we would all be better off watching cable news less and the History Channel more.

You mean the End of The World-UFO-Street Gang channel?

The 9.12 Project

Isn't the History Channel airing 9/11 Conspiracy "documentaries" now?

I understand what you are saying, though!

The 9.12 Project

Seriously, they aired a 2012 program the other night, and rather than focus on the absurdity of it all, they treated the topic as if the end of the Mayan calendar really could spell disaster. I used to love that channel, but like much of what’s aired on cable, it’s becoming more and more sensational.

Seriously, they aired a 2012 program the other night, and rather than focus on the absurdity of it all, they treated the topic as if the end of the Mayan calendar really could spell disaster. I used to love that channel, but like much of what’s aired on cable, it’s becoming more and more sensational.

I was at home from work on a sick day and watched a UFO Hunters marathon on The History Channel. All about the Men in Black, the new Area 51 (some place near Salt Lake City), underground caverns near the Grand Canyon, etc. Great way to spend an afternoon on the couch.

The 9.12 Project

I personally wish they would show more WWI and Cold War-themed material, and maybe more cultural history type stuff.

I was at home from work on a sick day and watched a UFO Hunters marathon on The History Channel. All about the Men in Black, the new Area 51 (some place near Salt Lake City), underground caverns near the Grand Canyon, etc. Great way to spend an afternoon on the couch.

Some of those shows are great fun, but history they ain’t – speculative, maybe.

I’ve always wondered why the ghost hunters only hunt at night – wouldn’t it be much easier to explore abandoned prisons and such during the day, or do ghosts only come out after dark?

I love Life After People. Speculative yes, but cool CGI! My neighbor's house is life after people. Total hilbillies, you should see the forest growing in their gutters....

Ohhh…I loved that one as well. Have you read Alan Weisman’s The World Without Us - ?

http://www.amazon.com/World-Without-Us-Alan-Weisman/dp/0312347294

If you haven’t, get to the book store (or library) right now (just don't let your neighbor see you carrying around one of them there books for read'n).

Yeah - not having an HD TV, I am skipping all of that. The World at War pretty much wipes out and slaps silly all other WWII docs, including Ken Burns'.

sub-thread listing reputable news sources v. those of.... ill-repute..? Any interest there?

That will vary widely - one of the effects of the Information Age is that anybody can find any sort of news to suit their pre-existing prejudices. For many, if they hear something they don't like, it's much easier to claim the source is biased, rather than to try to adjust their viewpoint to deal with the new information.

I bet those line numbers will be sold out in 5 minutes. Too bad I have to work til 6 pm.

Glenn Beck, the populist conservative host of one of Fox News Channel’s highest-rated programs, will be in the Midlands Thursday signing his book, "Arguing with Idiots," and others.

Beck will be at the Books-A-Million at the Village at Sandhill off Clemson Road (164 Forum Drive) from 6-7 p.m. Thursday.

Today, starting at 5 p.m. at Books-A-Million, people can get line numbers.

Three things about Glenn Beck:

1. He’s popular in South Carolina. Many of the attendees during the April and July Tea Party rallies in South Carolina, which protested federal spending, credited Beck with helping the movement gain steam.

2. He’s not popular among some Republicans. South Carolina Republican U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham and U.S. Rep. Bob Inglis both advised constituents during health care town forums to stop listening to Beck.

3. He’s a prolific author. Beck has written seven books, and his popularity on Fox News Channel has virtually assured anything he publishes is a best-seller.

I either watch the NLF network or MLB network when my neck puts me hors de combat. But every now and then the History Channel will have some cool stuff about The Romans (Engineering and Empire etc.).