wilco's next album should be

put out when wilco feel like it, and sound however wilco want it to sound. you will all need much less medication when you come around to accepting this premise.

although to be perfectly honest, it really should be recorded on ction's terms, or not at all.

I think the best and simplest way to dictate the design of the next album is this way:

Wilco should book an arena and sell tickets to every single VC member. They should set up a stage in the round with 6 chairs in a circle facing the audience -us.

Wilco comes out and sits there for 2 hours quietly. VC members spend 2 hours telepathically shooting ideas to the band.

Once the 2 hours are up the band leaves and heads directly to the Loft.

As soon as the album comes out we should meet in a thread and see who got to the band first and hard.

;)

• 3 years later...

put out when wilco feel like it, and sound however wilco want it to sound. you will all need much less medication when you come around to accepting this premise.

although to be perfectly honest, it really should be recorded on ction's terms, or not at all.

I just want to say that I'm sorry to everyone for getting a little worked up.  It was Jules' fault.

Well, based on this interview, I would say Wilco's next album is going to be a bit delayed from their earlier projections of late 2013. I guess they didn't see the Americanarama festival coming.

It's just a little bit disappointing to think we won't get a new album this year, but I'd rather they spend the time getting it right than rush to put it out this year no matter what.

Next album: NO catchy shit. NO clever lyrics, in fact NO lyrics at all. Just uncompromising, balls-to-the-wall noise. Something that will piss everyone off. Like a Metal Machine Music for the New Millennium.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps the next one could be another Live recording with material from Solid Sound 3:

with requested covers , rare standards and a couple New songs included too.

Having this on the store shelves in time for the Holidays would be Really cool for 2013.

Having the "complete" album released in 2014 even better.

Perhaps the next one could be another Live recording with material from Solid Sound 3:

with requested covers , rare standards and a couple New songs included too.

Having this on the store shelves in time for the Holidays would be Really cool for 2013.

Having the "complete" album released in 2014 even better.

Now, that I like.  I hope they work out a few new songs during this.

As I said in the other thread, I really hope we get a soundboard of both SS nights...would be a cool thank you present for all the festival attendees.

Wonder about the financial and legal implications for releasing what could be a cover heavy show. Might make that prohibitive.