Pichfork are reporting that a new 'She & Him' record is due next spring. No more details at the moment. I listen to Volume 1. a lot when it came out but I haven't spun it for a few months. Hopefully we'll get from 'Him' and less 'She' this time around (apart from the videos where I'd prefer more 'She'!!)

I completely agree with the more of "him" part. Nothing against Zooey, but I would have loved if it was more of a collaboration vocally than it turned out to be.

I know that I am in the minority here, but I vote for more She and less Him.

The songs on Vol. 1 were okay; I'm just not a fan of her voice. I'm not familiar with the backstory...why should we expect no vocals from M. Ward?

I don't think anyone said NO vocals from M.

The basic backstory is Zooey had some songs, which she played for M. Ward, who thought they were great. Zooey didn't have the confidence or know how to make a record. M talked her into doing a record by promising to work with her on it.

I'm serial..

Hey solace - Why did I have several people on my ignore list, when I definitely did not put them there? Some kind of forum bug, or can VCers somehow force me to ignore them?

I don't recall seeing your name or avatar. If I was ignoring you it was not intentional.

I'm serial..

Hey solace - Why did I have several people on my ignore list, when I definitely did not put them there? Some kind of forum bug, or can VCers somehow force me to ignore them?

There was a bug that caused that when the board was upgraded. I had the same thing happen to me. I don't think it has to do with other people putting you on their list.

Looking forward to this.

In response to the earlier comment about wanting more "him," my understanding is that the collaboration was always intended to be a showcase for Zooey Deschanel's singing and songwriting with M. Ward providing support. We can get plenty of him on his solo albums fortunately.

Looking forward to this.

In response to the earlier comment about wanting more "him," my understanding is that the collaboration was always intended to be a showcase for Zooey Deschanel's singing and songwriting with M. Ward providing support. We can get plenty of him on his solo albums fortunately.

This is what I was going to say - he also sings a third of Monsters of Folk.

I wonder if there might be more of another'him' by way of Ben Gibbard.

The first album was an absolute piece of garbage. I'm not at all excited for another volume.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Wrong.

Vol. 1 is finally starting to grow on me. I thought it would be a shoe in at first because I think anything M. Ward touches is gold, and I think Zooey is the bees knees, but I couldn't get over the kitchiness of it at first, it almost seemed too cute. Last week, I finally got over myself and let it be what it is supposed to be a good pop record.

I'll have to check out Vol. 2