Wilco -- 4/9/10, Hartford, CT

You said....."Via my recently acquired ESP. Don't believe me."

Looked like you weren't sure. Just confirming it with the article.

Oops. I should have used a "?" after Don't believe me.

Setlist actually came via a friend of mine at the show.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liked Jangly Guitar... Solid review

Thanks for posting it!

All the Wilco influences were on display, from Woody Guthrie and other punk heroes to Television and jangly guitar pop. The band even hinted of a high lonesome twang on “One By One” with guitarist Nels Cline, who was a monster all night, caressing a lap steel guitar.

Just got back from Hartford. High high energy show with high high people all around us down front. Excellent crowd - solid sing-a-long to Jesus, etc., a serviceable Happy Birthday to Nate the drum tech, and the energy peaked with the band at the end of the show. Much different from two nights earlier in 'Concerd' when the show seemed to top out before the living room set.

The living room set was stellar in Hartford. Sky Blue Sky - That's Not the Issue floored me - had only seen each once before, so to get them back to back was a treat.

Via Chicago - Box Full of Letters - I'm Always in Love was a wicked run.

Never been a fan of 'Walken", but loved it last night.

Took my 2 oldest kids (they are 11 year old twins) to their second Wilco show (first was Portland, ME last summer). They got a bunch of songs this time that they did not get last summer - Via Chicago, Ashes, many others. In addition, two shows, and two times seeing Box Full of Letters. They must be good luck.

At the end of the show, I learned why the usher now forever known as Barry Gibb was called out by Jeff during the show. When I went to ask for a setlist right after the show, he was ridiculously, almost humorously, belligerent, telling me that I had to turn around immediately and leave. He kept it up for good 30 seconds, never stopping his rant that I must leave now and that they were not giving out anything from the stage. When I got the setlist from the kind folks working the stage, I thanked Mr. Gibb for being so, so patient with me. I guess I would be mad at the world too if I was a dead ringer for a 70s disco star...

Before the show started I asked one of the ushers if there was a curfew for the show wondering that if Wilco came out at 8:20, like they have been, if they would be cut short of the usual three hour gig. He told me the show was to begin exactly at 8:00 and be done by 10:30. I told him the shows have been three hours long and he mentioned something to the effect that he hoped they weren't because the ushers were volunteers and wanted to get out of there early. Well they hit the stage at 8:03 and ended at 11:00 sharp so "Barry" was probably in a hurry to get home. I don't know for sure if the volunteers statement is true but it could explain his testiness. They also forced a taper to take down his mic stand about four rows in front of me. I think he eventually set up near the sound board.

Took my 2 oldest kids (they are 11 year old twins) to their second Wilco show (first was Portland, ME last summer). They got a bunch of songs this time that they did not get last summer - Via Chicago, Ashes, many others. In addition, two shows, and two times seeing Box Full of Letters. They must be good luck.

I think we were two rows behind. I saw two little girls in mint green-ish sweatshirts and found them ABSOLUTELY adorable! I hope they enjoyed the show as much as we all did! :)

Jeff dubbed her Mrs Doubtfire

:lol

When I went to ask for a setlist right after the show, he was ridiculously, almost humorously, belligerent, telling me that I had to turn around immediately and leave.

That reminds me of when The Wilco III played a small Obama-related event in Madison a couple of years ago, and one of the organizers saw me (and Virtualreason) walking out with a setlist. She said, "What are you doing? You can't have that. The band keeps those." Ummmm.... I don't think so. And settle the hell down.

Amazing show in a stunningly beautiful venue. A truly memorable evening spent with some very cool friends.

I think we were two rows behind. I saw two little girls in mint green-ish sweatshirts and found them ABSOLUTELY adorable! I hope they enjoyed the show as much as we all did! :)

If you were two rows behind them then you were one row behind me, Orchestra C was the place to be.

If you were two rows behind them then you were one row behind me, Orchestra C was the place to be.

Apparently, so! Were you the guy w/ three teenage girls or were you one of the two couples that came together? I didn't really see the group way to the left.

Here are some shots from the show...

126257860-10161910.jpg

Photos - Wilco at the Bushnell - Hartford, CT

Quite the entertaining night in the pit, to say the least. Definitely the first time I've seen someone with the stones to smoke up in the *front row*, and then somehow have the wherewithal to talk his way out of being thrown out for it. Mrs. Doubtfire was actually very nice to most down front (she even let a little girl up to the front of the stage to show off a Go Wilco! sign), but the staff was clearly ill-prepared to deal with a rock show crowd.

You got it - they were in mint green-ish sweatshirts. I find them adorable, too, but I am incredibly biased.

That means Mizzy was in the row in between us.

The girls had a great time. They could not believe how long the show went (even though we talked about the 3 hour length beforehand). They love to hear Impossible Germany and Hummingbird, so they batted .500 on this show. They got the last poster after the show, too - that Pez poster is a keeper.

You got it - they were in mint green-ish sweatshirts. I find them adorable, too, but I am incredibly biased.

That means Mizzy was in the row in between us.

The girls had a great time. They could not believe how long the show went (even though we talked about the 3 hour length beforehand). They love to hear Impossible Germany and Hummingbird, so they batted .500 on this show. They got the last poster after the show, too - that Pez poster is a keeper.

Glad they had fun AND got a poster!

The show is up on etree now:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=534299

Wilco

The Bushnell

Hartford, Connecticut

Lineage: Sony ECM mic (two rows in front of soundboard) -> Sony Hi-MD -> Soundstage -> Traders Little Helper -> FLAC

Taper: opsopcopolis

Seeder: Analogmoon

Track list

1. Intro

2. Wilco the Song

3. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

4. Ashes of American Flags

5. Bull Black Nova

6. You Are My Face

7. One Wing

8. A Shot in the Arm

9. One by One

10. Either Way

11. Handshake Drugs

12. Deeper Down

13. Impossible Germany

14. California Stars

15. Poor Places

16. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

17. Sky Blue Sky

18. That's Not the Issue

19. You and I

20. Forget the Flowers

21. Sunken Treasure

22. War on War

23. Passenger Side

24. Airline to Heaven

25. Via Chicago

26. Box Full of Letters

27. Banter

28. Always in Love

29. Happy Birthday To Nate

30. Magazine Called Sunset

31. Jesus, etc.

32. You Never Know

33. Hate It Here

34. Walken

35. Heavy Metal Drummer

36. I'm the Man Who Loves You

37. Thank You Friends

38. Encore Break

39. Hoodoo Voodoo

40. I'm a Wheel

Loved this show last of a 4 pack

Good Courant blog posting by Sparky Lyle back in a sox uniform *think I had that card

Lastly anyone going to Post pics of this show Beautiful Venue Well worth the Drive from Boston

:thumbup

thanks for that link

tell the guy to STFU

hahahahahahaha

Seriously! I didn't listen to the whole recording yet, but I jumped around and kept hearing some guy yapping away.

Hopefully, it's not a friend of the tapers. I highly doubt it.

Most Ridiculously Timed Quote Of The Night: "Hey, did I tell you that I saw Furthur last weekend?!"

So let's put this into perspective: He could have waited for the pre beer time or until the parking lot to tell his friend this. Do you think this guy is at a Drive By Truckers show telling his other friend "Hey, did I tell you that I saw Wilco last week?"

Time & a place folks.

There was some snippet about "doing heroin for the last 12 hours." stunned.gif

:thumbup

Seriously! I didn't listen to the whole recording yet, but I jumped around and kept hearing some guy yapping away.

Hopefully, it's not a friend of the tapers. I highly doubt it.

Most Ridiculously Timed Quote Of The Night: "Hey, did I tell you that I saw Furthur last weekend?!"

So let's put this into perspective: He could have waited for the pre beer time or until the parking lot to tell his friend this. Do you think this guy is at a Drive By Truckers show telling his other friend "Hey, did I tell you that I saw Wilco last week?"

Time & a place folks.

Apparently a lot of Further fans like Wilco too, I remember being in line at Scranton and somebody going on and on about it.

Hey guys,

Its my recording, and I know what you're talking about! It was a guy directly in front of me that honestly seemed like he intended on recounting his ENTIRE F*$KING LIFE to the guy next to him. Needles to say it pissed me off (seemed to make the guy on the recieving end a little angry too). Other than that guy I hope you guys like the recording.