20. You Never Know

21. I'm Always In Love

22. Heavy Metal Drummer

23. Hate It Here

24. Walken

25. I'm The Man Who Loves You

26. The Late Greats

27. I'm A Wheel

Take songs #9, 11, and 16 out of the set list above, and it could be a greatest hits record (at least from the last 5 studio albums). Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just different from the Evening With... shows. Makes sense, given an audience that is likely much less familiar with their catalogue.

Hello all,

I was there and compared to other shows I felt Osaka was a fine show. It's trivial and a bit foolish to try and compare shows from different times and different continents, but they put on a good show in Osaka. I've never heard them do anything less (I'm sure that's a compliment). There was no shortage of energy or crowd enthusiasm; Japanese folks in their early 20s were leaving the show with the same happy buzz I was. Wilco is a good rock band and the folks there recognized that. It also helped that I was about 2-deep from the stage and completely biased... all is good in the universe. I hope the same is true for you.

Wonder if Bbop went to Japan? :shifty

I wish! I really, really would love to visit Japan someday, but not this time unfortunately. As fun as the Wilco gigs would have been to see, I'd love to know if anybody on here made it to any of the Bacharach tribute shows with Jim O and Glenn and Darin and/or the "night of duos" that Nels played with his Fig (or is it Kitchen Stadium) side project with Yuka Honda? :thumbup

Would love to hear a report from any of those shows...

I was at the Tokyo show last night!

Great, great time.

I'm from Chicago, and have been able to catch Wilco in their home town a few times before this.

Sound was great, they were in a great mood,

Jeff was bashing noisy Americans the whole time, it was pretty damn funny.

Jim O'Rourke was in attendance too; he got a shout out from Jeff half way through the show.

Only real bummer was the lack of pre-YHF material,

while we got the staples (Via Chicago, Shot in the Arm, and to my surprise I'm Always in Love),

there was nothing from Being There or A.M.

Before "I'm Always in Love" Jeff mentioned how he thought Summerteeth never came out in Japan,

don't know if that's true or not but that would explain the lack of old material, as the

Japanese crowd wouldn't be familiar with it.

However, it was also my first time seeing "Reservations", "Muzzle of Bees" and "At Least That's What You Said",

which were all fucking awesome, except for the PA cutting out during the climax of Muzzle of Bees...

Also, Jeff was having a great time listening to non-English speaking Japanese people singing "Jesus, Etc".

Very fun show.

Anyway, first post, though i'd fill y'all in about the show.

Not surprised there's a torrent, there was an American dude in the crowd with headphones and taping gear.

Peace!

Oh, No......! Well, well, well,,,

I couldn't go to the concert... because of my baby.

The baby is not born yet. However, it was prohibited by the doctor.

The ticket not used is at hand...

Anyway, my friends were so impressed.

I listen to the sound source, and labor is got over!

pat's pick.jpg

setlist osaka.jpg

setlist tokyo.jpg