What's the best song on Sky Blue Sky

113 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song on Sky Blue Sky?

• Either Way
    • You Are My Face
    • Sky Blue Sky
    • Side With the Seeds
    • Shake It Off
    • Please Be Patient With Me
    • Hate It Here
    • Walken
    • What Light
    • On and On and On

Guest Speed Racer

You 'love' a song with a 'terrible' chorus?

Yeah. I think "What would we be without wishful thinking?" is kind of drab and cliche, but now that I like the rest of the song, it is much easier to overlook the chorus as a quirk, kind of like the godawful keyboard on the studio recording of Kingpin. Also, a perpetually lazy college friend of mine quotes the chorus way too much as her Facebook status. ETA: It's mostly the friend thing that bothers me - I find it marginally humorous that someone who does so little banks so much on wishful thinking. :lol

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, love it, but Muzzle of Bees and Hell is Chrome clearly are the best AGIB tracks for me, I'll stick my hand in the fire for that. Wishful Thinking belongs in the sub-masterpieces of AGIB together with songs such as Theologians. Other songs on AGIB that are clearly superior to Wishful Thinking: Handshake Drugs, Company In My Back, Hummingbird, Less Than You Think. So that's a whole bunch of them right there.

I will stick up for Please Be Patient With Me, as I suspect it gets as little love as LMLYFM, which I don't care for as much.

On a side note (well everything before was a sidenote actually) I am surprised Side With The Seeds didn't beat out You Are My Face, it's definitely a track that exemplifies much of what makes SBS such a great album (Nels' ripping solo's mainly) and is the closest to Impossible Germany in that sense.

• 1 month later...

Oh, I see LouieB is just a "write in" and didn't vote in the poll.

:hmm

Oh, and for me it was a toss-up between "Sky Blue Sky" and "Side With The Seeds," but the former won out just by a inch.

The system knows who votes and who didn't? I have fixed this.. and voted.

LouieB

Do you see the word "view" at the end of each song title in the poll? Click on that. Maybe it's only moderator status, but this is a newer feature of the board that I have noticed.

PS, thanks for the vote, Lou! :lol But I think at this point "You Are My Face" has "Sky Blue Sky" beat by far.

Do you see the word "view" at the end of each song title in the poll? Click on that. Maybe it's only moderator status, but this is a newer feature of the board that I have noticed.

PS, thanks for the vote, Lou! :lol But I think at this point "You Are My Face" has "Sky Blue Sky" beat by far.

Is that a moderator-only thing, being able to view who voted for what? Seems kinda odd that there's no voter privacy! :lol

Guest Speed Racer

Ha! No, there are two kinds of polls: public and private. If you select private, the votes are private, and if you select public, everyone can see who voted for what.