What's the best song on Sky Blue Sky

113 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song on Sky Blue Sky?

• Either Way
    • You Are My Face
    • Sky Blue Sky
    • Side With the Seeds
    • Shake It Off
    • Please Be Patient With Me
    • Hate It Here
    • Walken
    • What Light
    • On and On and On

Just thought this would be an interesting poll. I'm pretty sure most Wilco fans would consider Impossible Germany their favorite song on Sky Blue Sky (although I'm probably wrong). So I was just wondering what Via Chicago's favorite song off of Sky Blue Sky was besides that masterpiece?

edit: You're only allowed to add 10 answers to the poll, so I left off Leave Me Like You Found Me. Sorry to anyone who liked that song.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ordinary Beehive

You Are My Face is the best song on Sky Blue Sky, followed by Impossible Germany & Please Be Patient With Me.

edit: You're only allowed to add 10 answers to the poll, so I left off Leave Me Like You Found Me. Sorry to anyone who liked that song.

Sexual Napalm is going to be pissed.

Guest Speed Racer

:lol We should all be sorry for the people who love Leave Me Like You Found Me.

I'd say You Are My Face is best, followed by Side With the Seeds, IG, then Hate it Here and Walken.

I can't believe I'm the only one with a "Sky Blue Sky" vote. Oh, I see LouieB is just a "write in" and didn't vote in the poll.

:hmm

Oh, and for me it was a toss-up between "Sky Blue Sky" and "Side With The Seeds," but the former won out just by a inch.

i think it's a great album...either way, side with seeds are my favorite. but, either way is such a great warm opener. very much in line with what jeff says in the dvd about just wanting to hear nice songs. 'maybe the sun will shine today."

Sky Blue Sky....

LouieB

that and patient with me are just classic tweedy songs. i'd love to hear tweedy do a solo album of songs like this.

Honestly I was a little surprsied to see You Are My Face get so many votes. I would have figured Side With The Seeds and Hate It Here would have taken the top spots. That's all right though, it just shows how Wilco's work can be interpreted many different ways.

Guest Ordinary Beehive

I would have been interested to see the results if the poll included Impossible Germany. I think YAMF might still win that one.

Guest Ordinary Beehive

I absolutely love Please Be Patient With Me, but it doesn't edge out YAMF for me. It was initially my favorite song on the album though. I was blown away by that song on the first listen. The rest had to grow on me.

Hanging chad alert! The poll is rigged because Impossible Germany is not on the list of songs to vote for.

Just thought this would be an interesting poll. I'm pretty sure most Wilco fans would consider Impossible Germany their favorite song on Sky Blue Sky (although I'm probably wrong). So I was just wondering what Via Chicago's favorite song off of Sky Blue Sky was besides that masterpiece?

Ummmmm, this is hard I think Either Way and You Are My Face are in a tight competition for the top spot. Closing in on second is another tie - Side with Seeds and Shake It Off -- which is odd cos when it came out, these were my least favorite. But now I sing along quite loudly. "The rain applauds" is the best line on the album.

Then On and On and On, cos I'm a sappy girl.

I voted for Side with the Seeds, but I think it's telling how YAMF is blowing away the competition. Usually, the stronger an album is, the more dispersed the voting would be on favorite song. Weaker albums have more obvious results. For instance, I guarantee the voting would be a lot closer among all 11 songs on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, as opposed to the two standard favorites here (IG and YAMF) running away with it.