Very FUNKY Cover of IATTBYH

This is the most awesome cover ever! And it almost totally works, which I'm still scratching my head about.

It's actually been around a little while, and there's an alternate version up on youtube which is more just a performance video. (The singer needs a bro/manzierre in that version, unfortunately.) But the guy's got balls, for sure!

Was this really posted on Wilco's facebook page at one time? I could imagine that Jeff would absolutely LOVE this video!

It's been posted here two or three times - since last summer, I think.

Sorry, it was just sent to me tonight... :(

EDIT: In my and my friend's defense, she got it from something that was just posted on Gimundo today.

i like it better then Wilco's version. I would love to see Wilco rework that song like this version live with the Calexico horns backing.

OK, that'll be our official crazy ass fan request for Solid Sound--"Hey Wilco, Via Chicago wants you to do a funky soul version of IATTBYH!"

(Just kidding. . . or am I?)

Ummm.....disturbing.

Still, I guess anything that brings black America closer to the Wilco fold can't be a bad thing. unsure.gif The lack of diversity at N.American Wilco shows is always a weirdout.

I think it's a great cover, but I can see how others wouldn't much care for it.

Regardless, I give them a lot of credit for making it their own instead of doing a straightforward cover. I think they released this as a single (or something like that) so Tweedy must approve of it.

I like the way their cover has evolved since it first made the rounds a year or so ago.