Now Playing: September, 2010

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Been listening to a good amount of Doug myself lately.

:thumbup

I've been spinning his first 4 solo discs quite a bit over the past few weeks.

NP:

59430_mu-Eddie_Cochran_-_Somethin_Else_122_278lo.jpg

Eddie Cochran - Somethin' Else

15667.jpg

Harry Nilsson - Pandemonium Shadow Show

I had "She Sang Hymns Out of Tune" Stuck in my head this morning so I had to grab this CD.

15667.jpg

Harry Nilsson - Pandemonium Shadow Show

I had "She Sang Hymns Out of Tune" Stuck in my head this morning so I had to grab this CD.

I have to be careful not to listen to Nilsson every damn day. I don't want him to wear out his magic (if that is possible).

But, thanks, I have "She Sang Hymns Out of Tune" in my head, now.

EDIT:

I am actually listening to My Morning Jacket, and can hear them doing a great version of that. Hopefully they will.

I have to be careful not to listen to Nilsson every damn day. I don't want him to wear out his magic (if that is possible).

I hear ya Todd. He's my go to guy when in doubt about what to listen to. I still get blown away by his musical adventurousness, melodic sensibilities, vocal prowess and humor--unfortunately very few artists have humor in their music, the ones that do are some of my favorite songwriters ever (Nilsson, Newman, Prine, Wainwright III.)

614L-QnlZ3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg51qLJG5r9nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's official: Robert Plant is a failure at album covers.

5169.jpg

Jimmy_Smith-Root_Down_b.jpg

Living_Colour_Times_Up-B00000274U.jpg

Despite some good songs and some major league head-banging moments, I don't think I've ever made it more than 1/3 of the way through this album. I even tried to listen to a handful of songs per day, and today (day 3) I gave up with three songs to go. Too many songs, and they're all way too long, except for, oddly enough, the bass solo.

It's official: Robert Plant is a failure at album covers.

5169.jpg

Jimmy_Smith-Root_Down_b.jpg

Living_Colour_Times_Up-B00000274U.jpg

Despite some good songs and some major league head-banging moments, I don't think I've ever made it more than 1/3 of the way through this album. I even tried to listen to a handful of songs per day, and today (day 3) I gave up with three songs to go. Too many songs, and they're all way too long, except for, oddly enough, the bass solo.

It's so true, re: Robert Plant. At least the music is great. Nice selections on your end.

41nOUrUU31L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 511WMHW3Y0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Laura Nyro - More Than a New Discovery

Merle Haggard - Back to the Barrooms