Which bands/musical artists/comedians would you like to see at the next Solid Sound Festival?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

And perhaps a live visual representation of actual photographs taken by the folks in attendance at the festival. For example, you take a picture and send it to some virtual address and it ends up on some giant wall that has pictures coming in live.

i love your live picture ideas.

Love this idea.

Well, I stumbled upon the Installation explanations and was stunned, happy and befuddled to read this: Solid Sound: The IMPOSSIBLE Exhibition = Watch a documented collage of the festival grow throughout the weekend. :stunned Now I'm not obviously going to take full credit for an idea like this, since in the age of festivals and social media this seems like a no brainer. BUT this is pretty cool! :thumbup

Solid Sound 2011 Flip Schedule w/New Info *(this is in the "official" thread and you should really check it out. Lots of new stuff in there. A certain side project that was notably missing has a set time now.)

A certain side project that was notably missing has a set time now.)

maybe i'm a bit slow here, but who are you referring to? i'm not noticing any updates. (maybe because i'm desperately looking for 'jeff tweedy')

The early version of the schedule didn't list Autumn Defense's set.[Edit: Maybe--I might be wrong. I think I misread that early schedule.]

But yes, I've also been hoping there would be a super-secret (ha!) Jeff Tweedy solo set announced sometime.

maybe i'm a bit slow here, but who are you referring to? i'm not noticing any updates. (maybe because i'm desperately looking for 'jeff tweedy')

I was referring to On Fillmore who will perform Saturday at 3p.m. with Darin Gray on the 2nd floor of the Lewitt building (or wing).

It is listed on Page 6 under the Installations, specifically inGLENNtions. You can kind of easily miss it.

Because it's never too early to make suggestions, how about SSF3 suggestions?

Dave Alvin

The Jayhawks (didn't they get back together?)

A final night super jam that starts with Pronto, they are then joined by some other members of Wilco to perform some Wilco tunes, then the rest of the Autumn Defense come out as the other Pronto guys leave... and this keeps going on in an evolving fashion for about 7 or 8 hours. Like a sampler platter of everything that happened during the rest of the festival.