Which bands/musical artists/comedians would you like to see at the next Solid Sound Festival?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow

Way too big in the UK now for that to be realistic, though the two of them together would be a perfect combination for me. If they want to try to crack the US, then I think a Wilco crowd would be a pretty responsive springboard.

I agree 100%

I think they should accept artist applications... and have Wilco pick everything out. It'd be a lot of work because they would probably get a lot of submissions... but it would be a great opportunity for a lot of good bands who have trouble breaking out.

Wild Flag

Multimedia: Something along the lines of Emergency Broadcast System. And perhaps a live visual representation of actual photographs taken by the folks in attendance at the festival. For example, you take a picture and send it to some virtual address and it ends up on some giant wall that has pictures coming in live. ( This was u2roolz's comment)

Love this idea. Also thought it would be cool to do a giant Flash Mob in the field during one of Wilco's songs. It would be difficult to organize though. But think the guys would appreciate it

it would be cool to do a giant Flash Mob in the field during one of Wilco's songs. It would be difficult to organize though. But think the guys would appreciate it

:w00t :thumbup

I think this is a brilliant idea. If we could pull off something like this, can you imagine how happy that would make the band? This board is a well established means of communication. We could decide on a song, get everyone to request it on Wilco's website, and then decide on some kind of choreography that could be taught to people in 10 or 15 minutes when the band launches into it.

There are lots of obstacles but I really think someone could pull this off. Having royally screwed up a VC meetup last year, I do NOT volunteer to spearhead this, but I would be an enthusiastic lieutenant!

I have often thought it would be cool to have 30 or 40 signs that say "NOTHIN" on them, pass them out down an entire row, and then start holding them up one by one down the row as they go though the nothin's on Misunderstood. Kinda like "K"s at a baseball game or "3"s at a basketball game.

I have often thought it would be cool to have 30 or 40 signs that say "NOTHIN" on them, pass them out down an entire row, and then start holding them up one by one down the row as they go though the nothin's on Misunderstood. Kinda like "K"s at a baseball game or "3"s at a basketball game.

That would be cool, but it would suck to go through all of that work if the band didn't even end up playing Misunderstood