Career with All Great Albums

I would agree that it is uneven, but it's still impressive to think that this is another collection of songs that were lying around and that The Beatles had essentially walked away from with no real plans to return.

That;s a good point. I'll bet a lot of those tunes would have wound up on solo albums.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't think of anyone. A few bands are clunker-free imo, but not all those are great records.

I agree with this. I can't think of any band I like where I think EVERY album is GREAT. I've grown to love them all for what they are, but they all have the occasional weak track at some point.

I agree with this. I can't think of any band I like where I think EVERY album is GREAT. I've grown to love them all for what they are, but they all have the occasional weak track at some point.

Which Led Zep is less than steller?

Pavement

They certainly went 5 for 5 for me. Even the deep cuts on the re-issues are pretty awesome.

For me, Let it Be is too uneaven to be considered great. A few career high points (or close to it), but a lot of filler, and one shamefully atrocious ballad.

I love most of the songs on that album, but I have to admit I'd much rather listen to the sessions or the Glyn Johns versions than the final product. Still with Two of Us, I've Got a Feeling, Across The Universe, and Get Back all in one place I never found it hard to forgive some of its lesser material.

--Mike

None of you will be able to dispute this one, because none of you are probably familiar enough with his work to dispute me, but I assure you that every one of the albums released by TOM ZÉ has been stellar.

Trust me on this one.

Oh, and go find out for yourself. Once you do.... you're welcome!

Also, I consider Pulp to be 2 different bands, pre- and post-His n Hers. Every single album they released from His n Hers on, is amazing. So... PULP.

Even the recent one? I haven't heard it yet, but it seemed to get mostly lukewarn response.

I can't think of any. Every artist I like has at least one not so great album.

big star's last one was horrible. does it count though? i couldn't put them in this category as i think Third is not so good.

although not a fan of these:

coldplay

white stripes

radiohead

one that i am a fan of...Jayhawks!

what's interesting is that most of these artists had a short run, 5-10 years. i remember doing some work on creativity in grad school and research shows that most 'artists' have a creative period of about 5-10 years and then have a resurgence for a few years before the end. interesting.

what's interesting is that most of these artists had a short run, 5-10 years. i remember doing some work on creativity in grad school and research shows that most 'artists' have a creative period of about 5-10 years and then have a resurgence for a few years before the end. interesting.

Did you ever write that up? I would be interested in reading it.