Beavis and butt head are back

Beavis and butthead

Not sure how it's going to work since there are no music video on mtv anymore.

Top criticisms from the show (per pitchfork)

• "Uh oh...I think this is college music" (during the Flaming Lips' "She Don't Use Jelly")
  • "Is That Dave Mustaine?" (It was Tori Amos)
  • "Check it out, he looks like the cowardly Lion" (on Metallica's James Hetfield)
  • "Someone tell that fat roadie to get off the stage" (during Accept's "Balls to the Wall")
  • "Um, is this football?" (trying to figure what they're watching during the opening chords to 2 Unlimited's "Get Ready for This")
  • "If you play this stuff backwards, it says 'This sucks!'" (on INXS' "Devil Inside")
  • "You're white!" (during the "I could be black I could be white" bit in PiL's "Rise")
  • "What language are they speaking?"..."You know those asswipes the Beatles? Those dudes ruined music" (on Blur's "Parklife")
  • "If this video was, like, a turd...it would be the same thing" (on Journey's "Separate Ways")
  • "If you're gonna be horrible, at least, like, you know, kick ass. Like Jesus Lizard! I mean, they suck, but they kick ass!"
    "I think these guys are just lazy."
    "Yeah, really. They're too lazy to rock, and they're too lazy to clean the tub." (to Pavement's "Rattled By the Rush")
  • "That dude right there. I think that's that dude who drives the snack truck now." (on the dark-haired dude in Poison)
  • "These guys live on the edge"
    "Yeah; the edge of Wuss Cliff!" (on Winger)
  • "That dude has his eyes sewn shut!"
    "Maybe he saw something really horrible. Like that Winger video." (on Alice on Chains)
  • Faith No More's "Easy": "I know it sounds funny, but I just can't stand the pain..."
    Beavis: "That doesn't sound funny"
  • "Like right now, David wishes he had his old job back" "Like right now, David is trying to convince some chick he used to be the singer from Van Halen" (riffing on Van Halen's "Right Now" while watching David Lee Roth ham it up in "Just a Gigolo/Nobody Love Me")

Beavis and butthead

I find it odd that stuff like this is coming back - same with Paul Reubens and Elvira re-launching the characters that made them famous. I am also reminded of John Kricfalusi's attempts to do Ren and Stimpy again.

I recall laughing at Beavis and Butthead back in the day, but I don't think I have any desire to watch such things again.

I find it odd that stuff like this is coming back

I find it out too although I'll be watching the hell out of Beavis and Butthead.

It's not just TV shows or TV has-beens, it's in the movies too (every year there are several remakes, and the list of planned remakes keeps growing)... And cars, and fashion, and music... Can't anyone create anything fresh anymore?

That is a masterpiece.

Yes. :worship :rotfl

He can just use old one's like that. That's pretty much all they used anyway. Although I could see Mike Judge making a whole show without the videos (like the original show had pretty much become by the end)

He can just use old one's like that. That's pretty much all they used anyway. Although I could see Mike Judge making a whole show without the videos (like the original show had pretty much become by the end)

I predict bands will startt making videos again just so they can get made fun of by Beavis & Butthead.

Hmmm....I wonder if they will criticize music videos and MTV's current slate of "reality" programming.

I think that that would be great.

Also, I'm assuming that they are going to be the same age, but wouldn't it be funny if Judge aged them 15 years and they are still doing the same thing?

I find it out too although I'll be watching the hell out of Beavis and Butthead.

It's not just TV shows or TV has-beens, it's in the movies too (every year there are several remakes, and the list of planned remakes keeps growing)... And cars, and fashion, and music... Can't anyone create anything fresh anymore?

yes

yes

yse

• 2 weeks later...

Exclusive: New 'Beavis and Butt-Head' Will Tackle 'Jersey Shore' and More

The new show, which debuts later this year, will be very familiar to fans of the Nineties original. "They'll be self-contained segments with the boys in different situations like they used to be," Toffler says. "But this time around, they'll watch Jersey Shore, UFC matches and user-generated videos from YouTube, in addition to music videos." All of the programming will be displayed on the duo's TV, even if it comes from YouTube — "like silly videos of cats playing music."