Dawes - Nothing Is Wrong

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man this sounds REALLY good... huge step up from the production on 'North Hills' (not surprisingly).

wonder if that's Benmont Tench on piano, i know he played on the album.

really tasty solo from Taylor too.

this was actually not even one of my favorite of the 5-6 new songs i'd heard live, and i LOVE it.

"I was waiting for the sun."

haha, yeah... which then Petty's 'Mary Jane's Last Dance' sounded like, which was then obviously copied by the Red Hot Chili Peppers for 'Dani California'. it all comes around in the end laugh.gif

tracklist:

01. Time Spent in Los Angeles

02. If I Wanted Someone

03. My Way Back Home

04. Coming Back to a Man

05. So Well

06. How Far We’ve Come

07. Fire Away

08. Moon in the Water

09. Million Dollar Bill

10. The You Laugh

11. A Little Bit of Everything

i've seen them play 9 of those songs live, and i think Moon In The Water is on YouTube if you look for it. only one i've not heard is 'The You Laugh'

Kind of has a Neil Young and Crazy horse vibe, and even seems like there are Neil Young references peppered in the lyrics....talk of a "maid" and "silver and gold."

LOVING the song, and have very high hopes for this album.

these dudes are busy with the new album and robbie robertson gig. looking forward to the new album and for what it's worth, i've accidentally written Waiting for the Sun several times myself:)

Loving this. Also loving the album cover. Seems to me they are embracing their "The Band" influences. Figures that they are backing Robbie up.

Heard most of these songs live too, and while I wasn't sure early last year, they've really benefited from the constant touring. This first song sounds like they are finally sounding on record like they do live....

i've seen them play 9 of those songs live, and i think Moon In The Water is on YouTube if you look for it. only one i've not heard is 'The You Laugh'

Suprised such a major typo is now reproduced in every press release...but I think the song is called "The Way You Laugh."

Edit: They've changed it on the site now....

Kind of has a Neil Young and Crazy horse vibe, and even seems like there are Neil Young references peppered in the lyrics....talk of a "maid" and "silver and gold."

LOVING the song, and have very high hopes for this album.

I'm definitely feeling the Neil/Crazy Horse thing going on here. Great track - loving all the instrumental solos and jamming... can't wait for this album!

I'm definitely feeling the Neil/Crazy Horse thing going on here. Great track - loving all the instrumental solos and jamming... can't wait for this album!

yeah, this is a good tune. looking forward to it.

Loving this. Also loving the album cover. Seems to me they are embracing their "The Band" influences. Figures that they are backing Robbie up.

Heard most of these songs live too, and while I wasn't sure early last year, they've really benefited from the constant touring. This first song sounds like they are finally sounding on record like they do live....

you like the band? no:)

you like the band? no:)

How did you guess?

Actually, I was able to listen to the whole record the other day. Didn't get to walk away with a copy, though, unfortunately.

Interestingly enough, Saturday night, I was watching the PBS documentary on the Troubadour club in Los Angeles. Lots and lots of James Taylor and Carole King, but it's a great look into the 60's-early 70's singer songwriter scene. Really fascinating. And it's my favorite club in LA hands down.

Why am I telling you this? Because this new Dawes isn't a (The) Band record, it sounds just like a Jackson Browne album from 1975. Still not sure if it's a good thing or not, but that's after only one listen. The production is way better than their first, and these songs should (and do) sound great live. It just strikes me how much their sound jives with that era. Good for them...at least they have a niche. Oh and JB sings on one track ("Fire Away").

I think I'm gonna like it.

How did you guess?

Actually, I was able to listen to the whole record the other day. Didn't get to walk away with a copy, though, unfortunately.

Interestingly enough, Saturday night, I was watching the PBS documentary on the Troubadour club in Los Angeles. Lots and lots of James Taylor and Carole King, but it's a great look into the 60's-early 70's singer songwriter scene. Really fascinating. And it's my favorite club in LA hands down.

Why am I telling you this? Because this new Dawes isn't a (The) Band record, it sounds just like a Jackson Browne album from 1975. Still not sure if it's a good thing or not, but that's after only one listen. The production is way better than their first, and these songs should (and do) sound great live. It just strikes me how much their sound jives with that era. Good for them...at least they have a niche. Oh and JB sings on one track ("Fire Away").

I think I'm gonna like it.

i'm totally with you. i dig all that 70s singer/songwriter stuff too. was actually listening to jackson browne earlier today. yeah, the dawes album has a certain warm, validating feel. every note seems intentional...at least on the first song. looking forward to it and seeing them live at some point.

Here is a trailer for the new record...

Daytrotter

with this release i think the hype will actually be congruent with the actual album (unlike others this spring). these guys just like playing songs and singing. you can tell they love to hit every note. great vibe. wish they were headlining this spring though. i have no need to see brett dennon(sp?)

with this release i think the hype will actually be congruent with the actual album (unlike others this spring). these guys just like playing songs and singing. you can tell they love to hit every note. great vibe. wish they were headlining this spring though. i have no need to see brett dennon(sp?)

...or Bright Eyes, they are opening for him at the Pageant in St. Lou. Would love to see them there, great venue, but not as an opener for Connor. Took me awhile to get into these guys, but it is full-on now. I was looking for North Hills to blow my mind right away and I just needed to let it sooth my mind instead. Listening to that album for me is just so relaxing, just like putting on comfy clothes on the weekend and chillin' on the couch.

If you preorder the album you get a three song digital EP. It's not bad at all.

How much is shipping? I tried to look but asked me to submit info before I got that far. I was thinking about ordering the cd and t-shirt.

$28 for the deluxe LP is a killer deal if you ask me (and yeah, w/ shipping mine was $34-ish)

too many bands have these like $60-150 deluxe versions, which for a single NEW album is just silly to me