Dawes - Nothing Is Wrong

$28 for the deluxe LP is a killer deal if you ask me (and yeah, w/ shipping mine was $34-ish)

And, the EP is great....All My Failures should have been on the record. Really looking forward to the vinyl.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally decided to get the Deluxe package. Not sure it's worth the extra $10, but for $28.99 I certainly don't feel like they're ripping me off.

definitely not... that MMJ one at $80 on the other hand...

• 3 weeks later...

this album is so damn good.

while i loved North Hills, i feel like it paled compared to their live show, making it kinda hard to fully enjoy, as great as the songs were.

this one is much much closer to the feel of their live show, and the songs definitely show they've been playing all but 2 of them for the last 2 years on the road.

I think it's kind of funny that I am now seeing Dawes being referred to as "Dawes (Robbie Robertson's live band)". I have seen that in a few places now.

Anyone know when the Paste session was taped? They seem to be rotating keyboardist at a rapid rate. Correct me if I'm wrong but Tay Straithairn was not their original keys player but played on North Hills and is not present in this taping but is the current player as of Feb. 11'. I'm confused.

Anyone know when the Paste session was taped? They seem to be rotating keyboardist at a rapid rate. Correct me if I'm wrong but Tay Straithairn was not their original keys player but played on North Hills and is not present in this taping but is the current player as of Feb. 11'. I'm confused.

they've only had 2 as far as i'm aware... Tay and Alex.

Tay played on North Hills, but had to stop touring with them around summer of 2009 due to personal issues...

Alex toured with them up through 2010 and played on Nothing Is Wrong, but Tay has rejoined the band full time as of the start of this year

they've only had 2 as far as i'm aware... Tay and Alex.

Tay played on North Hills, but had to stop touring with them around summer of 2009 due to personal issues...

Alex toured with them up through 2010 and played on Nothing Is Wrong, but Tay has rejoined the band full time as of the start of this year

That makes since. I was confused by Tay's absence considering everywhere I've looked his status is active member. Hopefully he gets things straightened out becuase he makes the live shows for me. Not to get too douchy with the name dropping but I've had a chance to say hi and ask a few clich stupid questions to these guys because both shows I've seen were at pretty quaint settings. They are all pretty laid back, quiet guys but Tay looks so timid and shy away from the keys its almost uncomfortable...condidering the personal reasons maybe its just because he's just really fucked up on something. Seeing them again in Louisville opening for Bright Eyes the day of the new record release. Doesn't really get any better than that.

i got to chat w/ Tay a few times on the Middle Brother tour, he's a very nice guy. he seems a bit older than the others, so maybe he's just a bit more reserved as a result? not sure.

but yes, they're all very nice and grounded people, especially Taylor.

New One is REALLY good.

New One is REALLY good.

Why do I not have it yet? I am so looking forward to it. I may get a nice glass of scotch and put on the headphones for this one.

Serious? That was a double bill?

Yeah at about as cool of an outdoor venue as there is. It was tremendous. I love Bright Eyes but had no idea they would be so great live. Two drummers for most of the show,organs,keys,horns,...they were extremly tight. 24 songs!

I have a ticket to see them + M. Ward + Bright Eyes tomorrow in Philadelphia. It's an excellent billing, but I'm still waffling about going because I don't feel like making the four-hour drive there and the four-hour drive back.

i'm with you. you end up not enjoying the show because you're dreading the drive back and trying to keep yourself awake and feeling like shit the next day. man, the things we do for music.

I'm leaning toward not going. There are storms in the forecast, and I'm seeing Bright Eyes with the Mountain Goats up near Syracuse next month, about an hour from me. Of course that show was announced after I'd already gotten the ticket for this one. I'd really like to see these guys and M. Ward, but not badly enough to pay for a hotel or do a late-night drive. They seem like a band who may play in the area, though, so maybe I'll get to catch them another time.

I'm leaning toward not going. There are storms in the forecast, and I'm seeing Bright Eyes with the Mountain Goats up near Syracuse next month, about an hour from me. Of course that show was announced after I'd already gotten the ticket for this one. I'd really like to see these guys and M. Ward, but not badly enough to pay for a hotel or do a late-night drive. They seem like a band who may play in the area, though, so maybe I'll get to catch them another time.

oh yeah, i'm sure they are gonna be touring nonstop for the next year. they haven't even announced a headline tour, so they'll be around.

with these things, i've learned to go with my gut. centromatic is coming next week to my town and i'm just waiting to see if the mood hits. if not, i'm not gonna go. int he past, if a band i really loved was playing with in 3-4 hours, i'd go to multiple shows. guess that's what following the dead does to you....you think one show is not enough. now, i appreciate a few really good shows during the year.

fyi-love your avatar. that is such a cool cover. really lends itself to the music.