• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice speech by Obama. I keep thinking about the very high level of special forces that carried this operation out. Those boys are some bad Motherf---ers.

Agreed. I'm not into celebrating anyone's death, so this is weird & it's a strange mix of emotions being stirred up. But there's no denying that he was a force for evil and brought incredible cruelty to so many innocent people, so I can only feel relieved that he has been removed from the world. I hope this doesn't lead to more strikes against the US and its allies, in "retaliation".

What a world we live in. :no

To all who suffered on 9/11, you're in my thoughts today.

It only took about a decade, but finally! That bastard cost me a nephew. Where do I line up to kick him?

So sorry. Mart, our former administrator, lost a brother there as well. So many lives devastated.

Agreed. I'm not into celebrating anyone's death, so this is weird & it's a strange mix of emotions being stirred up. But there's no denying that he was a force for evil and brought incredible cruelty to so many innocent people, so I can only feel relieved that he has been removed from the world. I hope this doesn't lead to more strikes against the US and its allies, in "retaliation".

What a world we live in. :no

To all who suffered on 9/11, you're in my thoughts today.

I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure - Mark Twain

So sorry. Mart, our former administrator, lost a brother there as well. So many lives devastated.

Thank you. My nephew was killed protecting a fellow soldier from a Taliban attack on 9/11, but in Afghanistan in 2008, the 7th anniversary of the great tragedy. Tonight when Mr. Obama spoke of the empty places left in the lives of family members after the attack, it hit me right in the heart. I probably won't sleep too much tonight.

Oh, Heat, that's awful. Love and thoughts to your family...tonight's news must make it fresh all over again. Mart's brother worked at the Trade Towers. I'm sure many families are feeling exactly as you are, tonight.

I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure - Mark Twain

5678309793_6584c14f34_o.jpg

While I, too, am relieved to hear this news, it has caused me to revisit maybe the most-holy piece of writing of the last 100 years. (IMO)

Fucking brilliant piece from The Onion:

God Angrily Clarifies "Don't Kill" Rule

And, again, thank you to all of you who have served. We owe you everything.

I'm in shock. This is OBVIOUSLY huge and good news, but there will be a shitload of angry jihadists out there.

I'm going to echo everyone else's sentiments and express that I'm glad a person who brought forth so much evil, death and destruction in the world is gone -- but -- I'm also say that I agree with this statement too, and I'm wondering what kind of violence we'll see in the wake of this event.

They almost have to release a death photo. You know that the conspiracy theory freaks are going to be going nuts until then..

There's already a fake photo floating around.

Yes and no. Nothing they release will be enough to convince some people. But I think as time passes and Bin Laden fails to release a video showing that he's alive, it will become pretty well established that we got him.

Even though I suspect this is largely a symbolic achievement and pretty much nothing will change re: our "war on terror" -- I'm glad we got the fucker. That Mark Twain quote is on the money... exactly what I feel right now.

Guest Speed Racer

Bin Laden fails to release a video showing that he's alive, it will become pretty well established that we got him.

Haven't there been numerous Bin Laden impersonators posting videos since 2001?

So far, THIS is the most interesting story that I have yet read about the attack on Osama.

And, even more interesting, is reading his actual Tweets. Highly recommended.

Just saw the press conference with Brennan. Can someone explain to me how releasing a picture of a dead body could potentially jeopardize similar operations and intelligence sources in the future? I'm not buying it. Also not buying their excuse for burial at sea.

I understand the burial at sea, but it seems a bit premature. Parading a dead body around really is pretty provocative so I guess it is better not to do that.

I suppose this means that there will forever be a wide range of conspiricy theories, just like Hilter not being killed at the end of WWII, how the moon landing was faked and a whole bunch of other stuff. I guess I want to believe this is real, because if it isn't, it sure is alot of bullshit just to bring Barack's poll numbers up. I would rather think they got the motherfucker and we are done with this, but that is just me.

LouieB

Guest Speed Racer

Congrats to the US armed forces. Finally we're in the middle of this.

Fixed it for you.

This is no more an end to the war as a free throw in the first quarter is to a basketball game. This is the end of one man's life, and that's it.