Deer bands  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Your preference?

• Deerhunter
    • Deertick
    • Deerhoof

Deerhoof is a no for me.

I like to idea of Deerhunter but never get around to listening to them.

I saw Deer Tick as an opening act and loved them but can't handle much of the guy's voice on the studio recordings. The music is definitely my style - I just need to listen in small doses.

I guess I'll go with Deer Tick.

BIG Deerhunter fan.. I'm the tiebreaker. :thumbup

Maybe I should change the name of my band to Deerhead... Seems like all of the Deer named bands receive main stream recognition.

There does seem to be some sort of advantage putting Deer in the name of your band. I though about adding The Antlers and Caribou to this list but thought that was getting out of hand.

I'm a little surprised by the Deerhoof love here. I like them but damn, Halcyon Digest was so damn good.

I'm a little surprised by the Deerhoof love here. I like them but damn, Halcyon Digest was so damn good.

Indeed, one of my favorite albums. Their older stuff is good.. But I'd like to know what Bradford was eating for breakfest when he wrote the songs for Halcyon. Excellent record.

Deerhoof is a no for me.

I like to idea of Deerhunter but never get around to listening to them.

I saw Deer Tick as an opening act and loved them but can't handle much of the guy's voice on the studio recordings. The music is definitely my style - I just need to listen in small doses.

I guess I'll go with Deer Tick.

i'm with you all the way. the middle brother album is good for small doses of deer tick man. great lyrics.

Caribou.

genius

how about Black Elk?

i voted Deerhunter, easily the best of the 3. i've not seen Deer Tick, have seen Deerhoof twice. once from their hotel room window.

p423924164-4.jpg

Were they recording in there? Chords everywhere, an amp being mic'd.