Wilco - June 24, 2011

I Might (sounded great upon first listen)

Misunderstood

Bull Black Nova

Muzzle Of Bees

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

One Wing

Via Chicago

Whole Love (loved the falsetto)

Hotel Arizona ( :worship )

Impossible Germany

Shouldn't Be Ashamed ( :worship )

Handshake Drugs

Radio Cure (PA went out for 2 seconds during chorus)

Born To Die Alone (also sounded great. obviously much different than Jeff solo)

Poor Places

Reservations

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

I Got You w/Neil Finn (Split Enz cover)

Everything is right until post I'm The Man...I was freezing from being soaking wet and a cool breeze came in. I did hear the cover though on my way out. Not sure if anything was after that.

And yes, the rain literally started right before Wilco came on. Surprised to see John Hodgman and Justin Long come out to make an announcement. I thought that it was going to be for a show postponement.

I can't trust weather.com anymore. They said no rain, before I left my hotel. And they're saying high 70s and party cloudy for the next 2 days. Luckily I came prepared. I hope no one gets sick for the rest of the weekend. Rest up.

P.S. This is for the people who are up waiting for something. I'm sure someone will know what happened at the end. :thumbup

Thank you for the setlist! It might be coincidence but last night I was watching Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid for the first time in a long time....hope you guys have a drier time of it today! Wish I was there!

For Brennan, and anyone else that might care, I also posted a rough setlist for the Pajama Club set last night at the above link. I'm obviously guessing at a few of the song titles...:pirate

Couple quick thoughts:

Born alone was awesome. I was right in front of pat and he really got to shine on that one......... More 3 geetars!!!!

I wanted to murder justin long and the other clown

I felt like one of the younger dudes there (which is awesome, but I'm almost 38). Forget dad rock, felt like grandad rock...... Hoping there's a little more energy from the crowd from the get-go tonight. It's only rain people.

Encore was amazing

I know there's no chance, but how bout no repeats

tonight....a man can dream

Oh yeah, Finn and pajama club were great too......catchy as hell

Thanks for the setlist, u2roolz and bbop!

Born To Die Alone (also sounded great. obviously much different than Jeff solo)

This was the highlight of the night for me, love the full band version. "Hotel AZ" was a close second!

I know there's no chance, but how bout no repeats

tonight....a man can dream

I think there's a pretty good chance we won't hear any repeats tonight. Stay dry everyone!

some very quick (ie, no edits) photos from yesterday...cameras are still working, so that's a plus. i was worried, to be honest. heaviest rain i've shot in by far

photos of day 1

Great shots. Next best thing to being there. Really like the group shot with Tweedy waving.

Short show, at 22 songs the shortest Wilco show i've seen, and thats including a Bonnaroo set. Still a great show though, never rocked out harder in a rain poncho (probably looked real cool doing so). It was really great to hear Poor Places > Reservations > Spiders, been waiting a while to hear that one, plus i haven't heard the full, electric version of spiders in over 2 years, forgot how awesome it was.

I was live-tweeting the setlist last night, and probably will do the same tonight. My name on twitter is Justin_Krim, so you can follow along if you're not there