Now Playing: July/August 2011

619iHzYOCgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

How is this? I've only been just getting into Jenny Lewis. Just coming to realize her genius. And I have not yet heard this one.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome it's a solid record, Brian's a good friend.

Is Brian the former guitar player of Stump the Host?

If so, he is an insanely good guitar player and I have to check this out.

That's awesome it's a solid record, Brian's a good friend.

cool Kalle.

Going up to the French River/Sudbury in late September for a Canoe Trip. Bribing my trippies with dinner and a night at the Sudbury Hilton if we go to Cosmic Dave's and The Townhouse Tavern first. Never been to the Townhouse.

Poptodd. Brian is one of the Musicians from the excellent band Ox. The song that just got me is here:

http://www.herohill.com/2010/08/reviews-brian-dunn-examining-the-fallout.htm

and poptodd, there is another album on Daniel Romano's label that you'd probably love:

RichardCoverWeb.jpg

Funeral Song is incredible. It's gotten to the point where just buy everything that You've Changed records puts out.

cool Kalle.

Going up to the French River/Sudbury in late September for a Canoe Trip. Bribing my trippies with dinner and a night at the Sudbury Hilton if we go to Cosmic Dave's and The Townhouse Tavern first. Never been to the Townhouse.

Poptodd. Brian is one of the Musicians from the excellent band Ox. The song that just got me is here:

http://www.herohill....the-fallout.htm

Awesome! The Townehouse isn't the most lavish place but it gets unbelievable stuff for its size, we've had some really good times playing there.

And yeah You've Changed is a pretty unbelievable label lately, non-stop good stuff coming from them.

My NP:

Laura+Marling+-+A+Creature+I+Don%2527t+Know.jpg

It just leaked on a Portugese radio station, soooooo good.

Thanks for the info! I will check out both of those records and that label.

My np for the day:

stone-roses-demos.jpg?w=300&h=300515S0A745ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41ttniiDGPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg 61B3oKLwUoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41802P4QBBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Can't get on with Weeknd at all - just doesn't work for me.

Me either. My brother hyped it big-time to me but it just wasn't "me." I'm sure he's diggin' this new one.

NP:

malkmus.jpg

I really gave this one a good listen during my exercise time today and I don't think it's as good as everyone else thinks it is. I really liked his last one and kind of dig the guitar noodling. It seems the album drags towards the last half.