Wilco Tango Foxtrot beer review

That guy is terrific! And I have to agree Lagunitas has some great beers. This being one of them. I picked up two last year and drank one last summer and it was really great, just like he said quite malty with hints of molasses and raisins. Really great brew. Still have one in the basement, maybe I will break it out to accompany the new record, hopefully it's gamey enough to accompany the beer.

Should it really be "funny" or that much of a surprise that a beer called "Wilco Tango Foxtrot" has caught the attention of the band's fans?

...and that it was featured at Wilco's Solid Sound Festival

It's funny how this beer has gotten the attention of the Wilco fans. Although, it's not a reference to YHF, someone should start naming beers after songs and bands to get attention.

it's not the first time Lagunitis did this...

http://voices.idahos...s_are_gone_good

and Dogfish Head has a beer label drawn by Mekon Jon Langford.

Should it really be "funny" or that much of a surprise that a beer called "Wilco Tango Foxtrot" has caught the attention of the band's fans?

it's not a surprise at all. I was just bringing attention to the little factoid of the beer being named WTF, but they used Wilco instead of Whiskey, in order to avoid confusion. Not because they're Wilco fans.

...and that it was featured at Wilco's Solid Sound Festival

oh, really? Well like I said, it caught the fans' eye.

What if Red Stripe came out with a "White Stripe" seasonal? Would it be funny if fans of The White Stripes (or any Jack White project for that matter) took an interest in it?

It wouldn't be surprising, but I can see how some would find it sort of funny. Either way, are we debating the merits of the humor in whether or not a beer was potentially/coincidentally named with a rock group's name in mind? Yes.

It's a wonderful beer. I play in a group called Foxtrot and we had quite a few laughs while enjoying it. I will keep the bottle for as long as I can. The closest we'll likely ever come to being on the same bill as Wilco :flirt

I tend bar in a small restaurant in Providence and the owner put Laquinitas WTF on the menu only because I'm a total Wilco Freak. Every time a server orders it I make them interrogate the guests about the level of love they have for Wilco. And in the middle of a busy evening I love seeing a ticket come up that says Wilco. It's the little things...

I tend bar in a small restaurant in Providence and the owner put Laquinitas WTF on the menu only because I'm a total Wilco Freak. Every time a server orders it I make them interrogate the guests about the level of love they have for Wilco. And in the middle of a busy evening I love seeing a ticket come up that says Wilco. It's the little things...

That sounds like something I would do. Why I care if some stranger likes Wilco is beyond me, but I do.

...as a fellow restaurant world person, I appreciate this story a lot. :peace