Sir Paul's Crusade Against the Evil Meat Empire

Rumors are swirling around Cincinnati that not only has Sir Paul not allowed meat to be sold at tomorrow's show at Great American Ballpark but even meat related sinage is to be covered or removed. I'm considering taking my grill over there and making a small fortune on burgers and dogs before and after the show.

Meh, his show, his rules. Why not? It's something he feels strongly about. Maybe he doesn't like to smell Bacon sizzling when he is doing his show. Covering signs may be a bit over the top but maybe it's distracting when he is up there.

Ok, I'm a Sir aPaulogist (but not a vegetarian).

I think that is way too extreme for an entertainer/musician to make demands like that. It sends a very condescending message from Sir Paul to the lackeys who attend his show that "I have made the choice of food for you here tonight. No meat shall be thrust upon you. Only veggie burgers and cabbage. Let it be done O venue that I play my instruments in for 2 hours."

What happened to choice, Sir Paul? Taking away people's right to eat what they want at a show that they paid good money to see you is fucking insanely stupid. I think that he needs to go solve a murder to calm down.

The Cincinnatti fans should throw tomatoes at him during Live & Let Die for pure irony. paul_mccartney_mullet_3.jpg

Men that looked like this should not make such demands. That's a definite carnivore.

I think that is way too extreme for an entertainer/musician to make demands like that. It sends a very condescending message from Sir Paul to the lackeys who attend his show that "I have made the choice of food for you here tonight. No meat shall be thrust upon you. Only veggie burgers and cabbage. Let it be done O venue that I play my instruments in for 2 hours."

What happened to choice, Sir Paul? Taking away people's right to eat what they want at a show that they paid good money to see you is fucking insanely stupid. I think that he needs to go solve a murder to calm down.

The Cincinnatti fans should throw tomatoes at him during Live & Let Die for pure irony. paul_mccartney_mullet_3.jpg

Men that looked like this should not make such demands. That's a definite carnivore.

You're Paul Effin McCartney. Sir Paul Effin McCartney. You are probably the world's most famous and important living songwriter. You were an integral part of the most important band in rock history. The most important musical phenomenon of the twentieth century. You don't eat meat. You think it's immoral to eat meat. You have established yourself as a person who can make certain demands upon your audience and the venues you play. You do it. Period. He's not banning meat eaters from the concert, just meat itself. Maybe advertisements of meat products. He doesn't want to be associated with selling meat. So what??

Who eats food at a concert?

I think his ticket sales show most people are willing to sacrifice their bacon for 3 hours.

For the record, I am not a vegetarian, I eat meat with nearly every lunch and dinner, but as Stephen Colbert would say, "the market has spoken". Paul gets to do it because he can do it. What happened to choice? If you can't be away from meat for 3 hours, listen to the White Album in the comfort of your own home. There's your choice.

I think that he needs to go solve a murder to calm down.

Actually, he is protesting a murder, because - wait for it - meat is murder!

I'm with uncle2pillow. I think Paul can do what he wants. Now, if someone wants to sneak in a Slim Jim, he can't do anything about that...

He booked the venue. Is Great American Ballpark booked solid with events every night the Reds aren't playing? C'mon. He generated more for the economy of Cincinnati than he took away.

I'm not trying to argue. Maybe another event would have been there on that date, maybe not.

Who cares? I would never eat any of the shit (meat or other) they sell at stadiums anyway, so I really don't care what Paul demands.

He booked the venue. Is Great American Ballpark booked solid with events every night the Reds aren't playing? C'mon. He generated more for the economy of Cincinnati than he took away.

Yeah, the majority of the revenue for the city was for folks who needed to eat somewhere. And they probably ate what Paul didn't want them to eat.