Fall tour set-list...anyone?

So I am so stoked! Flying to Indy to be with my fellow Colts fans on Sunday, hitting the local breweries on Monday, and them THE SHOW on Tuesday night! I am curious what the set-list may be. I realize this isn't going to be a 2 1/2 hour 'Evening with' show, but not sure what to expect. Now don't get me wrong. Whatever the boys play I will be happy with (and I sincerely hope they play Via Chicago), but am wondering what I am in store for.

Bob

I'm hoping for opening with Art of Almost and ending with One Sunday Morning. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm seeing both shows in NYC and then taking a vacation in Spain in November and catching 2 more shows along the way.

This may be a bit too much but I couldn't be stopped.

i think Art of Almost will be the opener on this tour. How can it not be?!

But what I love about having such a diverse catalog is that they have tons of different stuff to choose from.

And from how they were doing on the "Evening With..." tour, I think they'll have a lot of tricks up their sleeves.

I'm really jealous about you seeing 4 wilco shows btw.

I'm hoping for opening with Art of Almost and ending with One Sunday Morning. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

One Sunday Morning is a fantastic album closer, but I'm not sure if I'd want to end the night on it.

I am curious how they're going to work it into a live show. My guess is probably a mid-set tempo-changer, though it might even work better as an opener. It's definitely one hell of a mood-setter... I've been starting off my day all week listening to it.

I guess that's true. We might just all walk off into the night in a hazy fog if they closed with that. But I really hope that if they do play the song people will be respectful and quiet. It IS a mood setter and I'm glad it's as long as it is. It takes a bit but then it pulls you in.

I wouldn't assume OSM is a guarantee myself. It's great, but doesn't seem like a song they'll play every night.

Too early for this.

Really? I always thought of it as being the 2nd song of the night coming after a slow opener.

Always?

Since this is the opening leg of the tour for the current album, I really expect either Art of Almost or I Might as an opener for this run. They opened with Wilco (the song) quite a bit on the first several shows right around the last release. I wouldn't expect the mellow openers till later in the tour. Not that I have a clue about such things really.

What I do know is that the catalog is getting bigger, and so there are bound to be more songs that we don't get to hear in any given show that we really want to hear. So whenever any of us hear something that is on the bottom of our list, it will no doubt be cause for whining and wailing around here as a "wasted" song slot on the setlist. For me, I could do without the Hate it Here / Walken / ITMWLY combo most nights in favor of some of the new stuff I haven't heard before or some of the lesser played older stuff.

But I still want Shot in the Arm (note the screen name), and I think I could listen to Via Chicago 21 times in a row and not be disappointed.

The thing I am most looking forward to on December 12, provided I can get tickets, is Born Alone. There is a sort of sense of electricity in the air when Nels is about to go off during Impossibe Germany. Born Alone allows Nels and Glen to both tear it up, and the end of that song should be a jawdropper live.