One Line

The Whole Love has been dazzling me lyrically.:wub Here are the rules for this thread: you may post only one line you love from The Whole Love. No need to tell why or even what song it's from. If you are still guessing at the lyrics, it's ok to post what you think you're hearing. :)

I'll start.

"Are you awake, now, too?"

Now you. One line.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh but it's long

- in memory of good times with sad depart Lars (though Olsen has no deficit in this arena also)

I can't help it if I fall in love with you again I'm calling just to let you know it dawned on me

I'm calling it one line since it's all sung in one long breath. :thumbup

I was actually going to post this for the same exact reasoning. You beat me to the punch.

Okay. I need some input. Is there a line in Sunloathe that reads " the birds and the whales"? I love this new album. The sound and the feel is great but I have Tweedy singing about how my god is not real and how he would love to open up my mind. All of this is fine but if he's singing about the environment I think I just may vomit.

"my father said what I had become no man should be"

"I was always right, about the morning"

Looooove these ones.

I could count this as a line, or maybe as a musical moment as a whole - probably my absolute favorite moment on the entire album is at 4:22 of One Sunday Morning, and the lyric "I can hear those bells" and the subsequent piano walk up and bass lick... just tear inducing.

The Whole Love has been dazzling me lyrically. :wub Here are the rules for this thread: you may post only one line you love from The Whole Love. No need to tell why or even what song it's from. If you are still guessing at the lyrics, it's ok to post what you think you're hearing. :)

I'll start.

"Are you awake, now, too?"

Now you. One line.

OK if I wait until I actually OWN the damn thing?